• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FatPowMongal49

Armada ARV 106, WC POW Rippe
Skier
I have been skiing since I was 3 and I have been renting pretty much the entirety of that Time. I am 25 now. I am piecing together my set up, and got the Armada ARV 106s, attack 13 bindings, and then one of my friends actually just gave me a brand new pair of 28.5 head evo vector 120s.

I have been skiing in basically a size 30 to compensate for my gigantic arch and high instep as well as my weird sizing which is a 110 last on one foot and a 112 on the other as well as a 26 and 27 mondo which is what I should be in. My options have been narrowed to the tecnica mach1 HV 130 or the Nordica cruise. I am not a huge fan of Nordica, but I am looking for recommendations, also I've started customizing my heads, like I cut out some of the liner where the instep is and Ive grinned down the soles and stretched the shell with the heat oven. I am curious if there is any way to customize the shell more at my house they were free so its really not a big deal to mess with them too much. I uploaded a picture of my foot scan. My boot fitter in San Diego basically told me to give up skiing cause I won't find the boot I need. He reccomended the hawx magna 130 but I tried that yesterday in mammoth in a 27.5 and couldn't feel my foot after the first run, also tried the head edge, and a pair of Nordicas I forgot the model name. I think one of the biggest problems too is finding a shop that will demo and has one of these boots available, but honestly at this point I would be willing to fly out for a weekend if the mountain they are at is ikon pass friendly to try them out. I am determined not to give up.

Attachments

• scan.png
    scan.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 20

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
If your fitter in San Diego told you to give up skiing
He is a boot seller not a boot fitter

There are a lot of models on the market that will fit your foot shape

The catch is the boot fitter has to have em in stock

And .....

He has to see your foot to do that

To be successful you gotta show up early season when most pro fitters are flush with inventory

And

Don’t expect to demo these boots they gotta be customized to fit those feet you got

I would recommend
footloose in mammoth
Starthaus in Tahoe

And it’s gonna be a process to get it right

Bring your wallet

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I wonder if someone like Dodge can make a custom boot for your foot?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Do you always shell fit? Boots feel horrible when they're new.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I am really disappointed that this thread isn't about Bigfoot...

So, so very disappointed.

He’s out there...

I think I saw someone that looked really similar when I drove past family dollar in Johnson the other night...

A2863458-5739-49A6-8DA0-868733C3B723.jpeg

TS
FatPowMongal49

FatPowMongal49

Skier
lmao ^... Ya I actually was at footloose for like 3 hours yesterday in mammoth I demoed the hawx magna 130 and the head advent edge. Thats the thing though, I have never had a problem in a longer boot its the boot fitters that want to put my foot in a 26 or 27.5 max. unfortunately footloose didn't have the magna in a 28.5, but I will be up there hopefully to get them early this winter season. Surefoot was the one that recommended the tecnica mach1 HV 130 because he felt he could punch and heat the shell to get that 104 last to a 110-111 where my foot is at and that way he could have me sized properly. Honestly ill probably rip the rest of the season on some old rear entries. I definitely at this point don't feel comfortable buying a boot online without a proper demo.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
You can come to Colorado and pretty much be guaranteed to find the best boot and fit for you. Maybe now is not the best time though, ski season is just about done for the masses.

There are boots like these which are just VERY roomy for any given size: https://www.nordica.com/usa/product...el4=6535&product_uid=357417&color_number=BKRD

Nordicas in general tend to be higher volume than other brands, specially in their recreational product line.

TS
FatPowMongal49

FatPowMongal49

Skier
sweet ya i really appreciate that advice on the nordica.. that was suggested to me which has a beast of an instep, i think that may be the boot, it also can be stretched out 6-8mm which would put me right there... basically i have come down to 4 boots; the cruise 120, the tecnica mach1 HV 130, the rossignol track 130, or the atomic hawx magna 130 in a 28.5. I think 27.5 just doesnt work for my instep, i have not tried most of those though, just the magna in 27.5 does anyone have experience with these, with a super high arch, high instep and a 112 mm fore foot ? :O

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Daleboot will build each boot for each specific foot. I have 115 wide feet in a 27.5 with super high instep and arch so I feel your pain. Daleboot is the first boot that's fit me properly in 40 years and for the same price as any other top end boot.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been skiing since I was 3 and I have been renting pretty much the entirety of that Time. I am 25 now. I am piecing together my set up, and got the Armada ARV 106s, attack 13 bindings, and then one of my friends actually just gave me a brand new pair of 28.5 head evo vector 120s.

I have been skiing in basically a size 30 to compensate for my gigantic arch and high instep as well as my weird sizing which is a 110 last on one foot and a 112 on the other as well as a 26 and 27 mondo which is what I should be in. My options have been narrowed to the tecnica mach1 HV 130 or the Nordica cruise. I am not a huge fan of Nordica, but I am looking for recommendations, also I've started customizing my heads, like I cut out some of the liner where the instep is and Ive grinned down the soles and stretched the shell with the heat oven. I am curious if there is any way to customize the shell more at my house they were free so its really not a big deal to mess with them too much. I uploaded a picture of my foot scan. My boot fitter in San Diego basically told me to give up skiing cause I won't find the boot I need. He reccomended the hawx magna 130 but I tried that yesterday in mammoth in a 27.5 and couldn't feel my foot after the first run, also tried the head edge, and a pair of Nordicas I forgot the model name. I think one of the biggest problems too is finding a shop that will demo and has one of these boots available, but honestly at this point I would be willing to fly out for a weekend if the mountain they are at is ikon pass friendly to try them out. I am determined not to give up.
First of all, you don't need to give up skiing. Your fit issues are nothing compared to some we've seen.
If you tried the Atomic Magna but didn't like it out of the box, was an offer made to do the shell heat mold? I have never had a customer with a high instep complain after doing the shell heat mold on that boot as well as a few others that have that type of plastic.

If this guy's foot can fit in a boot, so can yours.
IMG_0726.JPG

James

Out There
Instructor
First of all, you don't need to give up skiing. Your fit issues are nothing compared to some we've seen.
If you tried the Atomic Magna but didn't like it out of the box, was an offer made to do the shell heat mold? I have never had a customer with a high instep complain after doing the shell heat mold on that boot as well as a few others that have that type of plastic.

View attachment 74300
Goodness! That's a difficult instep/ankle!

I guess they're lucky to still have the foot attached after some accident.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Do you always shell fit? Boots feel horrible when they're new.
If you have a great boot fitter you can actually get pretty cosy in new pair especially with custom shell. I usually get 90% there with my boot fitter and then tweak over the course of a few weeks of active skiing

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

View attachment 74300
Tricia what happened to you ankle? …. we can critique your pedicure next ;-)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

Your foot issues are not uncommon, to start my right foot is 111 & the left is 109 with a high instep and arch as you have but I will add a thick ankle and heel. You said you tried a Technica mach 1 HV but you should try the Technica 10.2 HVL model? It comes in a 100 that I ski in and a 120 that is harder to find. I agree with the person above that said you should do this in the beginning of the season because the boot stocks are larger. It may cost a little more but the biggest selection is available. You probably should also have a custom made orthotic to place inside the boot liners, any good boot fitter should have made that recommendation. I have been skiing the 10.2 HVL for a couple of years and the only thing I have done to the boot is remove the manufacturer foot bed and add the after market custom foot bed that I have used for years.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia what happened to you ankle? …. we can critique your pedicure next ;-)
That's not my ankle. That's the foot of a customer.