• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Big calves again...bootfitter decision time

Dolomitiskier

Putting on skis
Skier
Hey all, thanks for all the input and recommendations on my last post. We skied last weekend and I definitely have backseat/alignment issues In addition to my calf and foot cramping. We were at a smaller mountain and my kids skied with us for two days and I was really forced to ski faster and harder than I normally do just because I’m a momma bear and like to ski behind my 6 year old (DH leads the pack mostly so the kids can follow his line). Anyway, I could feel myself constantly getting thrown into the back seat without aggressive over compensation and there was definitely some quad burn.

@theglider found a couple of really good legit suggestions for me for boot fitters that are only about 1.5 hours away (although in cities not in the mountain). These two guys seem to work with lots of athletes on the circuit here. Alternatively, we have a 6 day trip to Soelden planned and I was able to dig through snowheads and some German skiing forums and there are apparently a couple of very good fitters there. The benefit would be that I could go back to make tweaks as needed during my 6 day trip as opposed to having to wait until afterward with the Italian fitters. What say the experts? Thanks!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No expert, but I'd say get fit up as well as possible before your big trip.

If you need a few tweaks in Soelden, it will come out of your pocket, BUT you'll probably still fritter away a lot less vacation time than if you start from scratch while there.

And if you're lucky, you won't spend a minute of your vacation time in a boot fitting shop!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The benefit would be that I could go back to make tweaks as needed during my 6 day trip as opposed to having to wait until afterward with the Italian fitters. What say the experts? Thanks!

I am a big fan of making adaptive tweaks and seeing what works and what doesn't as you go. I am generally not in a great rush to après so a fitter visit between lift close and dinner is just fine.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
There is a Rossignol Pro-Shop in Montebelluna that offers boot fitting https://www.rossignolproshop.com/servizi/boot-fitting/ which is about an hour from Vicenza alternatively you could go and see Marco De Lorenzi at Gialdini in Brescia https://www.gialdini.it/servizineve/ Many of the better boot fitters in Europe don’t work in ski resorts as there is little or no work in the summer.

As you are also quite short and have a small foot you might also be being pushed into the back seat by your binding delta, if this is the case you might also have to address this after you have had your fit issues dealt with.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online