• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best year(s) of the Outback?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As far as the best years? I am really partial to the 05-09 Outback/Legacy wagon generation but the newer ones are better appliances. I don't mean that in a bad way bit for skier utility, they are the bomb. I just like a bit more interaction that Subie has to offer which is why we went with the Alltrack.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
As far as the best years? I am really partial to the 05-09 Outback/Legacy wagon generation but the newer ones are better appliances.
Agreed 100%. Starting in 2010 the Outback became a different kind of vehicle. Through 2009 it was a lifted Legacy with all the pros and cons that come with that. After 2010 the Outback really became a CUV first (while the Legacy now feels like a lowered Outback). I prefer the prior approach but the numbers don't lie, Subaru sales are better than ever so they must be doing something right.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I prefer the prior approach but the numbers don't lie, Subaru sales are better than ever so they must be doing something right.
Going back to the DL/GL/GL-10 with every generation change, the loyalists would clammer "Oh, you are ruining the cars, no one will ever buy them again..." and the sales go up.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I love my 2011 Outback 3.6R.
Dollar for dollar, I can’t think of a better skier car.

Sponsor