• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Pardon the OT. I was rollerblading a few years ago & my better half was behind on a bike. She overheard
one young kid say to the other " Hey did you just see grandpa go by on rollerblades"

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I'm skiing a top lift 30 years ago next to Vails Lionshead Gondola. 4 runs in a row sunny at bottom, complete
whiteout at top of lift-you could not see 3 feet ahead. After a full body plant on the last run into a snowbank
I decided enough was enough.and headed inside the lionshead top restaurant.for a beer.

I'm at the front of the beer line and hear an anouncement: "Due to a extreme whiteout the exits are
closed-you can't leave the restaurant but now BEER IS HALF PRICE" Yey ! :yahoo: I had 4
:beercheer:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug @Tricia "Take a photo with Rake in background!"

A very common phrase heard at Northstar...
1535760_10152855997916138_8873801157364419978_n.jpg

Yes, we got a picture with the "rake". @DoryBreaux

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil, I didnt know it was possible to wear that many colors at one time! :D
Says the man that was all in black today. :p

Reactions: Ron

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Riding up one of the River Run lifts at Sun Valley and pointing out features to a visitor:
Me: "That's Seattle Ridge over there. Those are green runs, but would be blue at most mountains."
Visitor: "They would be black at Okemo."

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A kid came into the ski shop, while his mom was distracted at the door by someone in the family asking her a question. The boy came straight up to me and said, "Do you have pizza clips?"
I was like...:huh:
(his mom was still talking to the other family member)
The boy says, "You know, those little things you put on the tips of my skis so I can make a pizza to stop"
Ah...Edgie Wedgie's

I will, forever, refer to these as Pizza Clips.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
A kid came into the ski shop, while his mom was distracted at the door by someone in the family asking her a question. The boy came straight up to me and said, "Do you have pizza clips?"
I was like...:huh:
(his mom was still talking to the other family member)
The boy says, "You know, those little things you put on the tips of my skis so I can make a pizza to stop"
Ah...Edgie Wedgie's

I will, forever, refer to these as Pizza Clips.

This is also relevant to the Terminology thread :)

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was at Killington right after New Years in the 1985. It was a great early season and pretty much everything was open. On this day it was snowing and ankle deep all day. Conditions where just about perfect. We are sitting at a table for a late lunch when 3 mooks in full Pittsburgh Steelers regalia (Starter jackets, hats, even gloves) sit down one table over each with 3 beers and a burger.
Mook #1 - I guess this place is ok
Mook #2 - but is ain't no Seven Springs
Mook #3 - yeah - there's no bowling ally here either.
We all almost fell off our chairs laughing. They gave us a dirty look until one of my buddies asks them if they like the Steelers.
We were howling. At this point they got the joke.

There was lots of bowling ally commentary for the next few days.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe not the best thing, but pretty funny..............my wife and I were at Jay Peak a few years ago waiting in line for the Green Mountain Flyer/Freezer.
This guy in line kept going on and on in a loud voice with a Downstate NY/New Jersey accent about the "F'ing box of death"-referring to the Jay Tram. Whenever we are at a resort that has a tram, we always giggle about the "Box of death".

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
7yo kiddo hopped on the lift yesterday at Abasin with me, @Drahtguy Kevin & @Chris Geib . We had been watching him rip around the mountain....by himself (he did say he was there with his parents & siblings). Half way up,he says to me "Yesterday my mom said it was time to go into Black Mountain Lodge and I told her NO!! I WANT TO SKI!!".

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
7yo kiddo hopped on the lift yesterday at Abasin with me, @Drahtguy Kevin & @Chris Geib . We had been watching him rip around the mountain....by himself (he did say he was there with his parents & siblings). Half way up,he says to me "Yesterday my mom said it was time to go into Black Mountain Lodge and I told her NO!! I WANT TO SKI!!".

Future PugSkier in the making!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
A couple of days ago, I was riding the Quicksilver lift from the base of Peak 9. The run underneath it, Silverthorne, is a bunny slope, barely enough slope to keep moving. The three boarders riding with me were in a lesson. They were talking about how hard it is to learn to board, and looking down at the run, the guy said, "Yeah, it doesn't look nearly as steep from here!"

(Note: I'm not mocking them! It was cute, though.)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was at Mt. Snow, VT on Sunday. Mt. Snow, for those who have not had the privilege, is one of the flatter areas around.

Anyway, I'm riding the lift with two other people and one says to his companion that "the blues here have some spice compared to Windham".

Now, Windham is another ski area in NY, and I've never been there... But if the blues of Mt. Snow have some "spice" compared to Windham, I can't imagine how flat Windham must be.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Had an "off" conversation on the lift today. My husband and I rode up with this guy - I don't know if he was yanking our chains or what. After an innocuous conversation about how we must be looking for powder because of how fat our skis are (normally only people from out of state do that - he was from Colorado Springs), he moved on to asking us if we spent much time at Breck - which of course we do. He proceeds to tell us that he doesn't know why anyone would choose Breck (mind, we are all on a lift *at Breck*) because Vail is rated #1 and Breck is #50. I asked which ratings or what the criteria might be, but did not get a clear answer. He also informed us that Vail and Beaver Creek have much more variety, and steeper terrain, than Breck. I started to engage with the guy, but my husband interrupted to say, "Yup, you're right, not much to ski at Breck! People should definitely go to Vail instead."

After we got off the lift, my husband turned to me and said, "See, this is why I don't talk to people on lifts."

Sponsor

Staff online