• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
The skiing is down there.
Gs.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In the hallway at GMD last night... 20-something age guy and gal walking down the hall...

Guy : She was Shane McConkey's wife
Gal : Who's Shane McConkey?
Guy (stops walking) : Get out of here, right now!

steve pickard

Putting on skis
Skier
Last Friday, probably the best powder day of the year at Sugar Bowl, 30 plus inches and refills during the day, we were packing up to go and a nice looking mature lady comes in and says, " I have an announcement. This is my first day skiing in powder and now I know why all these people are so crazy about powder. It was wonderful, just wonderful." At which I replied " Your in trouble now. You are now addicted and won't be the same again."

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last Friday, probably the best powder day of the year at Sugar Bowl, 30 plus inches and refills during the day, we were packing up to go and a nice looking mature lady comes in and says, " I have an announcement. This is my first day skiing in powder and now I know why all these people are so crazy about powder. It was wonderful, just wonderful." At which I replied " Your in trouble now. You are now addicted and won't be the same again."
That's cool.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A few more quotes from the Utah Gathering
@vanhoskier: I had a pickle in my pocket the whole entire time!

Coming to the kitchen in the morning
@CharlieM: I woke up and saw knee braces and crutches down there. You musta had a hell of a time after I went to bed
A few minutes later
@Andy Mink: Should I be concerned that there are crutches down there?

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
In the hallway at GMD last night... 20-something age guy and gal walking down the hall...

Guy : She was Shane McConkey's wife
Gal : Who's Shane McConkey?
Guy (stops walking) : Get out of here, right now!

Reminiscent of The Quiz in the movie "Diner."

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
(Friday after a week of herding Pugs)
Tricia: Wake up, it's 6:00
Me (Thinking it is 6:00 AM on Saturday): We aren't skiing today....
Tricia: No, 6:00 at night, you just slept for 2 hours.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If someone yells "you're insane" from the lift is that good or bad?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Skiing with a dude from my neighborhood and his 7 year old son.

First lift of the day, 7 year old takes his pole and taps the patroller in front of him as we approach the front of the lift line.

Patroller looks back.

7 year old: "Remember, Safety Last!"

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was on the chairlift w/ two hardcore dude (lots of duct tape and a faint smell of Mary Jane) when living out west, struggling while learning to ski waist deep.
Yo: "I just can't get this. Got any advice?"
Dude: " Man you a Brotha, JUST BOUNCE!!!!!!! "
Best advice ever! Never looked back! LMAO :beercheer:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I pull up to my buddy, digging out our friend who has been inverted under the snow for quite some time. The victims skis above the snow had stopped moving. Due to adrenaline it was all foggy but I was told the conversation went like this:

Yo (nonchalant on first arrival at the scene): "So, what's doing?"
Chris (looking extremely perplexed by my ethereal state of being): "Start digging, that's what's doing!"
Yo (as I bash away the victims frantic hand impeding my digging...digging frantically... blood everywhere): "Where's his F@!%ING HEAD!!! It's supposed to be right here!!!!!!!"

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was once riding the lift with two cops who were discussing how some other officers beat the sh*t out of some perp over the weekend. They looked over at me and said "you didn't here that, did you"? I said "no, my head phones are too loud."

Welcome to skiing in NJ.
Yeah....... I know what you mean....... I had to get outta dodge and to move to VT!!!!! I was in downtown Newark, and this officer gallops right up on me and rears the horse at me. I practically crapped my pants! He say's "Hey Doc! How did you like that?!!" He was one of my patients but I didn't recognize him in all the garb. OMG if it had not been a "friendly"? I never knew what those horses were capable of.

Kept my boat up on the Hudson back in the day. Neighboring boat at the dock was an NYPD detective. We would hang. OMG the stories but when it started getting crazy w/ his buddies as we drank more, he would prompt me when it was time to "flee the scene"...

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got a bagel in Newark that was enough for me. Actually everyone I've met from NJ has been friendly. Giants games are fun.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I shared a chairlift ride today at Snowmass with a snowboarder from Mexico. I told him that if Trump builds his $5 Billion Wall, then I plan on opening a hardware store in Mexico selling inexpensive ladders.

Sponsor