• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
We all do it. We try not to, but no matter how skilled of a skier you may be, you are going to take a fall at some point. While some crashes can be painful and serious, most are harmless and rather funny. I've seen spectacularly graceful falls as well as spectacularly awkward falls. Post your best ski crash photos here! I'll start...

This one was taken by @James a few years ago at Arapahoe Basin.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My dad had a betamax tape of my first ever competitive mogul run. I bought it about the forth or fifth turn in, but quickly got back up and finished the run. Wish I knew exactly where it was and it may be on some DVDs I made from his old tapes a few years ago.

@Jim Kenney almost had a great shot of me crashing in to some empty chairs at the shack in the middle of Rt 66 at Blue Knob. He shut off the video right as I eased up at the end not paying attention to where I was headed seeing the empty chairs out in the edge of the run too late to totally avoid them..

Last spring I was skiing deep slush on Mark IV Compsand had a tip dive when banking too much.. Full on swan dive, snow down my jacket and behind my Vuarnets. Kids were skiing with me but we had gotten seperated right before that happened hahahaha. They would still be teasing me had they seen that spash down!

Guess I need to keep trying and will eventually be caught on film going down..

Here's some aftermath photos though..

Get together with @Older boot !

My ribs were sore for 6 weeks after that, had to sleep on my right side..

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
My best crashes were sans-photo. Here is the aftermath of the most notorious one:

Val Gardena - on the hill.jpg

Val Gardena 1977; hard to see, but the motorcycle helmet is cracked with missing fiberglass

Val Gardena - in helicopter.jpg

In the helicopter

Val Gardena - traction.jpg

Traction

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
That's the one! That was the best day ever up until that point in my life! Great memories.

Here are a few that I dug out of the archives....

This was a super fun fall at Snowbird this past season. Double tomahawk after a botched cliff jump. Almost saved it on one ski but then made an awkward ballet move and went for a ride.

This is a great shot of a student of mine. She was handling the breakable crust like a pro until she dug a tip and went over the bars! She emerged sometime later with a snowy smile from ear to ear.

This is my girlfriend doing a yoga pose after sending a cliff.

In her defense, it was rather burly....

I really do love a good crash. Keep the photos coming!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, the scorpion is a very popular snowboarder yoga pose..

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I give him a lot of credit. Other than dchan (who was giving us a few tips) Tim was the only one of us that got above the lip. That happened on the way back in. He was fine (but made a spectacular heap at the bottom of the pipe).

Sponsor