• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Didn't capture the crash but certainly documented the aftermath.....

Popped off a big roller on a blue groomer at Taos. I was probably going about 45-50mph. I apparently took the air too deep, landed tip heavy, and instantaneously went over the bars. The next thing I remember is waking up with a crowd of people around me. I stood up, brushed myself off, and attempted to click back into my skis. Apparently the onlookers were rather confused as to what I was doing, being that my skis were demolished beyond recognition. I skied to the bottom on the ski that was less damaged and found some friends to help me figure out where I was and what exactly was going on. Long story short, I picked up a pretty solid concussion. Probably not the worst thing that I knocked myself out. Probably made me loose enough during the fall to not sustain any other injuries. And the best part, my brain still works!! Kinda.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
My friend Staphanie crashing in a Stowe Ski Bum race.
DSC_0420 by Erik Timmerman, on Flickr
script>

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I added a couple photos to the "most memorable falls"...but found a couple more so thought I'd add them here...

Pretty sure some little pesky branch stole one of my skis, which lead me to this predicament. The snow was so deep here that I had to bend those little trees down to stand on them in order to get my skis back on.

IMG_5814.JPG

The "before" photo from the one I posted in "most memorable falls". Although maybe "during" would be a better way to describe it.

IMG_5815.JPG

And here's a repost of the "after" photo.

IMG_5813.JPG

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This one still cracks me up every time I see it. The audio definitely adds to the viewing experience. @dean_spirito was below and Mr. @kimmyt was my videographer.

FWIW, it was later discovered that the forward pressure on my bindings wasn't set correctly. And I shall forever harbor that as my excuse.

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
This one still cracks me up every time I see it. The audio definitely adds to the viewing experience. @dean_spirito was below and Mr. @kimmyt was my videographer.

FWIW, it was later discovered that the forward pressure on my bindings wasn't set correctly. And I shall forever harbor that as my excuse.

Classic! Pretty sure that was the same day I lacerated my back tomahawking. @Drahtguy Kevin do you have any videos from that carnage?? I know somebody does. And if I recall, that was the same day I went for a wicked ride after a botched 360 off the cornice. Best day ever!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Classic! Pretty sure that was the same day I lacerated my back tomahawking. @Drahtguy Kevin do you have any videos from that carnage?? I know somebody does. And if I recall, that was the same day I went for a wicked ride after a botched 360 off the cornice. Best day ever!

I wasn't going to mention it, but I actually think you *had* lacerated your back doing the jump just before I slid down. I didn't know until we got back up the lift and someone was inspecting your back. I saw it, and all I could think was "that looks like sashimi."

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I added a couple photos to the "most memorable falls"...but found a couple more so thought I'd add them here...

Pretty sure some little pesky branch stole one of my skis, which lead me to this predicament. The snow was so deep here that I had to bend those little trees down to stand on them in order to get my skis back on.

View attachment 24743

The "before" photo from the one I posted in "most memorable falls". Although maybe "during" would be a better way to describe it.

View attachment 24744

And here's a repost of the "after" photo.

View attachment 24745

Skiing between trees???? Just a matter of time before one of those things decides to attack you. No thanks!

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

the only thing you hurt was your pride, :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online