• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the first time a woman’s ski was the best-selling ski in America - the Blizzard Black Pearl 88 (the period ending either September, October or November 2018).

Overall, women’s ski sales were up 21%, far outpacing men’s sales growth.

In the same period, men’s snowboard equipment sales were up 15% and women’s rose by 20%.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For the first time a woman’s ski was the best-selling ski in America - the Blizzard Black Pearl 88 (the period ending either September, October or November 2018).

Overall, women’s ski sales were up 21%, far outpacing men’s sales growth.

In the same period, men’s snowboard equipment sales were up 15% and women’s rose by 20%.
I don't think this is the first time, it could be up to the third year running.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My wife blew out the edge on her black pearls last week. There were no pearls available in her length so she used my kid's 148 mantra jr with adult bindings. I got him some barely used jr soul riders at a local shop for $200. She liked the short skis a lot, but there wasn't any ice. Not that the black pearls are any good on ice, though lots of women love them in softer snow. Great graphics.

Anecdotally a lot of kids we know are trying snowboarding.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Also reflects more young adult women must be skiing that is a great cultural sign for the sport. As a lightweight male looking to add to quiver an 88mm or so midfat at boot, that is one of the skis I've been curious about though its popularity incurs shop prices without much discount.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also reflects more young adult women must be skiing that is a great cultural sign for the sport. As a lightweight male looking to add to quiver an 88mm or so midfat at boot, that is one of the skis I've been curious about though its popularity incurs shop prices without much discount.

Dang I already cut them up and threw them in the trash barrel. But the edge was pretty bad.