• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This year is the first year that I am not working full time. So, I am more flexible with time and will be able to get out skiing more.
That said, once our local bumps open I will be working Sun-Tues in my ski shop. It’s fun, I get great discounts, learn a bunch of stuff, and have great camaraderie with the owners. I can even sneak out for a few hours of skiing if it isn’t busy.

I would love to get out for a few days for some first turns before shop work amps up...like, hopefully early November. (Depends on weather, I know). Once Jack Frost and Big Boulder in PA open, I am working till early March.

Where’s a good place? Killington? Whiteface?
I’ve got an open place to stay anytime near Sugarloaf/Sunday River but not sure I can trek all the way up there then.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington opened last year on October 19th with the usual north ridge area open. Then we got a warm spell and I believe they closed for a bit and reopened again a few days later. Definitely by early November. I think your choices that early are going to be Killington, Sunday River or Mount Snow. Mount Snow opened October 23rd last year. I have no idea about Whiteface. I don't think even Sugarbush or Stowe are going yet.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve got an open place to stay anytime near Sugarloaf/Sunday River but not sure I can trek all the way up there then.

Sunday River can be rewarding in the early season (when I'm desperate). Sugarloaf does not prioritize snowmaking for early opening, so I wouldn't recommend that unless there is a bunch of freak natural snow.

Sponsor

Staff online