• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best (one ski) Ski School Quiver

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bump, as I'm looking for a ski to use with our kiddos. I have been using a 174 Blizzard 8.5 Ti and would like extend the life of those and use something turnier at slower speeds with the kids. I don't want to spend much and starting to dig around in clearance bins!
Bump again to report back on the Navigator 80's I bought to ski with our kiddos based on recommendations here. Thanks, I love them!

It's been a long time since I've been as pleased with a ski as I am with the Navigator 80. Not only do they love making kid size turns at kid speeds and make them super easy, they also make them super fun.

It's so much more fun skiing with kids on the Navigator 80s than my Blizzard 8.5 Ti's. Both are front side oriented skis in similar lengths (172 and 174) and widths, but it's work to make slower short radius turns on the Blizzards and a joy on the Navigators. I never thought making slower turns could be so much fun.

They are also fantastic in the bumps, both teaching our kids, and skiing at moderate speeds. I've yet to get them up to full speed or ski with poles but have enjoyed them a bunch in moderate bumps, and in a few overterraining sessions in steeper bumps and trees. I've even skied some fun zipper lines with them sans poles and they did great. Just so easy to ski.

I look forward to seeing how they do on the big boy side of the hill without the kids at some point this spring, but I don't have enough faith in them to risk a rare solo day just yet. They might be up to the task or maybe I'll need to dial it back to 80%. We'll see.

@SkiEssentials has a nice review and the skis on sale for $299:
http://www.skiessentials.com/2018-ski-test?skis=nordica-navigator-80
http://www.skiessentials.com/skis/view-by-year/2017-18-skis/2018-nordica-navigator-80-skis.html

My guess is it would be hard to find an instructor that wouldn't be happy with these skis for all but the most advanced lessons, and I bet they'll make your job a lot more fun too!

Last edited: