• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Popaas

Popaas

Booting up
Skier
Sugarloaf! Once you're done skiing.... The Bag, The Rack, Hug's, SugarBowl, Tufulio's, Shipyard Brew Haus. Great mountain, great village. Can be brutally cold (and windy) and we need some snow but things are looking up this week.
Thanks!

TS
Popaas

Popaas

Booting up
Skier
Guys i'm not comparing any Ski resort from Europe with US. i know very well what's going on around but i said i'm here now, i live and work in NYC and wanna go ski around here on East with my crew. I went to lots of places upstate and New England, VT, etc and liked STOWE the most because of everything Stowe offered and gave to me so asked for help to find something similar. That's about it.

Thanks again everyone!

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
This thread only reinforces my prejudices. My family came from Europe to New Hampshire almost 400 years ago, and I am quite alright with people coming to our state to enjoy the recreational terrain, but as the years go by I see less and less blue collar skiers and more inconsiderate brats. You may be a great guy , but something about your quest rubs me the wrong way. There is a plethora of resort mountains with night life, and high end pampering, and there are old school bare bones mountains. It's not rocket science, use your search engine and make some plans. For us in the real world, even the best laid plans do not always meet our expectations, but we persevere , and in the end count our blessings, being alive and in the mountains is always on the top of my list. With that said, this humble factory worker takes a one week winter vacation, where I get almost half of my yearly slope time, and I take it in downtown Conway where I can ski Wildcat, Cranmore, Attitash, Bretton Woods, Sunday River, and more with a short drive from my room. Then park the car upon return and head to the hotels hot tub, where I will figure out which restaurant I want to eat at. It would be like winning the lottery except I earned every penny of it.

Landmine3009

Ice is underrated
Skier
Sup guys!?

Coming from Europe, living in NYC. Every year we go skiing somewhere at East Coast. So far we've been to Stowe and Killington (not counting places around NYC since it's a joke - like 2 lifts, 4 trails lol...). We used to ski all over Europe and understand it's not and can't be comparable to American East Coast but need help where to go this time??
We can't really go to Utah or Colorado since have a company of 6-7-8 people and not all of us can afford Aspen or Vail. So question is where to go for serious skiing with lots of lifts and trails and some content besides skiing like descent bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, pool/spa... We're in mid 30's so it's not really a plan to stay every night in hotel room.
Thank You!
Sugarloaf is awesome. It has multiple sections of mountain so you wouldn't get bored after one day, but it is super accessible and all on one peak, so easy to get around unlike Killington. there are really fun front and backside snowfields which are pretty hard for the east coast, and an entire basin and another peak just tree skiing which is such fun! definitely my favorite spot to go as a Connecticut guy.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This thread only reinforces my prejudices. My family came from Europe to New Hampshire almost 400 years ago, and I am quite alright with people coming to our state to enjoy the recreational terrain, but as the years go by I see less and less blue collar skiers and more inconsiderate brats. You may be a great guy , but something about your quest rubs me the wrong way. There is a plethora of resort mountains with night life, and high end pampering, and there are old school bare bones mountains. It's not rocket science, use your search engine and make some plans. For us in the real world, even the best laid plans do not always meet our expectations, but we persevere , and in the end count our blessings, being alive and in the mountains is always on the top of my list. With that said, this humble factory worker takes a one week winter vacation, where I get almost half of my yearly slope time, and I take it in downtown Conway where I can ski Wildcat, Cranmore, Attitash, Bretton Woods, Sunday River, and more with a short drive from my room. Then park the car upon return and head to the hotels hot tub, where I will figure out which restaurant I want to eat at. It would be like winning the lottery except I earned every penny of it.

Lol, doubt the state and ski areas are picky about who spends money in NH.

Quite a few assumptions about op here. I assumed op and his buddies are young guys that want to have a good time. If they're making a few bucks then good for them. Plenty of "blue collar" business owners down her in MA have some very nice vacation homes in the mountains.