• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
This song always worked for me as well. I always thought that the end of the song seemed to go well with getting to the bottom of a run, giving your buddy a high five, and saying "Dude, that rocked! Let's do that one again!!!!" :thumb:

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I need to find a copy of this one, I think I could carve some pretty sweet turns to this groove...

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
I can't get Into It. I try to close my eyes, to imagine the skiing, but I can't, can't close my eyes I mean. She's SO HOT!

Chase scene. What was the name of that Bond movie?

Ariana Grande isn't my first choice for music, but is my embarrassing guilty pleasure on the slope.

As for the Digitalism song, I'm not sure of the Bond scene, but I know it was part of "The Grand Tour" where Richard Hammond learns drifting. It was the music to introduce the instructor. VIDEO

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Parallel Universe by RHCP. It's worked for me ever since I saw (I believe) Gordy Peifer in an old MSP film.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I always thought that the end of the song seemed to go well with getting to the bottom of a run, giving your buddy a high five, and saying "Dude, that rocked! Let's do that one again!!!!"

I definitely get that. But, what is it about this song that makes me feel like I'd be high fiving, not my buddy, rather my synchro skiing buddies?

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
As for the Digitalism song, I'm not sure of the Bond scene, but I know it was part of "The Grand Tour" where Richard Hammond learns drifting. It was the music to introduce the instructor.

Holy cow! This is like learning how to ski!! It even looks like skiing, smearing turns. Can you imagine learning how to ski like this, stepping into the instructors boots (being in the car) and feeling what the skiing is supposed to feel like, the thrill and exhilaration, before trying on your own? It would revolutionize ski instruction!

Hey, how do we give a heads up to everyone that's been participating in this thread? This is not music to inspire skiing, this is a driving video that inspires skiing, incredible.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like just about every kind of music out there but for skiing I really like smooth house music like some of the stuff in Greg Stumps films from the late 80's early 90's

This mix has been my favorite lately. If you like Sade skip to 16:30.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh boy where to begin? Seeing this post just today all I can think about is the Allman Brothers "Blue Sky". But I bet you want me to say any of the Ztt stuff from the 80's!
Yes, thats where I was going...you revolutionized ski movies soundtracks and got skiers listening to all new music.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
This mix has been my favorite lately. If you like Sade skip to 16:30.

I love Sade! Thanks for pointing this one out. I found the link to just the Life piece here. This Ministry of Funk version very high energy. Her long trailing voice takes me into the transitions.

Another version can be found here. Very pleasant, and I would find it somewhat easier to ski to the slower pace. Both are beautiful, as are all her songs.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
This is another one I've been really into recently.

Re Jolene, I like. I did a quick search. I find this one, with a capella, more playful, but much being on account of how much fun they're having, not just the song. What do you think?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I prefer newer Electronic rock to rock to straight up bubbly pop.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I prefer newer Electronic rock to rock to straight up bubbly pop

Yes, the four would be great to ski to. I particularly like Dark Storm, the third one you put up, the way it ebbs and flows , the crescendos, just nice.

And, the first one, The Heat, wow, I think I should take up rollerblading to music. Looks like great cross training for skiing. Upper and lower body separation, core and balance, nice.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Epic pow day.

Thank you for setting the day! I closed my eyes and skied. Just stomping it, powder flying. I like the build up at the beginning, and the second build up at 5' to a grand finale; they're like pushing off and building up steam.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Today's Playlist, chair 23, soft spring bumps, 20' of snow. Mammoth baby....

Sponsor