• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
I like the tunes on when I ski. Roxy music Avalon when styling down a wide groomer Something like Paint it black by the Stones if I need to get more aggressive.

Vanessa Mae is a recent discovery and the Red Hot tour is often of shuffle. She does the best rendition of Classical Gas ever.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
m.m.m. MYyyy Sharonna!..

You're welcome for that ear worm..

So, I'm searching and searching for this song, and give up. I click the first hit in the search, the lyrics scroll, lo and behold! This'll get us into some high energy skiing for sure.

Last edited:
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Hmmm... so many good choices, like Learn to Fly, Riders on the Storm, Steppin' Out, Slow, but here are 2 of my more obscure favourites:

a few songs going through my head. "In the Mood" by The Glenn Miller Band, "Fun Fun Fun" The Beach Boys, some Chuck Barry, Carlos Santana, Gloria Estefan and one odd song called Brand New Key by Melanie maybe it is just the innuendo.

Blue Train: Anyone want to jump in? What skiing vision can you pull out from this piece? I'm curious.

I'm feeling slow motion powder/tree skiing... with old school straight skis

I'm working on it with Blue Train, the powder/tree skiing with straight skis, but Uncle-A's Brand New Key by Melanie took me there in an instant. If they are still there, you've got to see the old-school roller skaters in Central Park grooving to the music on Sundays.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
stevie ray vaughan
Rl Burnside
The cure
Tool
Beastie boys
Icp
eminem
Robert johnson.
Ministry ..........
Can't ski without music.......

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
@cbk, nice find with the NR Inc. thumbing through my old cassettes today and found the license to thrill cassette.
Thanks! I never found the soundtrack tape (but I knew it existed), but I've collected several ZTT CDs (including Act, Propaganda, Frankie, Seal, etc.) so I have most of the songs from the movies...

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Not that Rap crap broadcasting from the backpack setup on Superstar on Saturday.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Vanessa Mae is a recent discovery and the Red Hot tour is often of shuffle. She does the best rendition of Classical Gas ever.

Know what? A violin is a terrific instrument to ski to. Capable of both stacattos as well as lonnnng drawn out notes, that are alive, like that of a soprano's. It pulls me, rather than push. Time to review Maria Callas' works for something to ski to.

Love Red Hot

Last edited:

Sponsor