• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
@SSSdave - I need to find a way to take a few chairlift rides with you and compare our 80's metal collection.

That Ultimate Sin artwork sure does bring back memories. I recall that album being a marked departure from his trio of solo albums, Bizzard, Diary, and Bark at the Moon. This seemed to be Ozzy's entry to the Hair Band categories. By the time No More Tears rolled around, I was out.

Here's an entry to add to your playlist. Oxygen by Dirty Heads. Great song to ski to, IMHO.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Except you are on the East Coast. I have relatives in Hartford and have always wanted to ski some of the famous bump runs there. Since am a retired frugal peon now, maybe will find a way out east this year, though that is an expensive notion.

Never have been much a fan of reggae/ska music simply because have not spent time listening to much. Pleasant music for a sit down club/bar visit or party background. Can enjoy many popular genre's including that, however don't go out of my way to do so. I have a couple dozen playlists from the 214 rock songs on my player. A lot of powerful hard rock but also many slower building rock ballads. No speed metal, death metal, funk, punk, rockabilly, thrash metal. Core music are songs like Shot Down In Flames, One Hit (To The Body), Guns For Hire, Back In The Saddle, Runnin' Down A Dream, If Looks Could Kill, Monkey Man. At rock concerts always max energized, on my feet, on the run. Most difficult person for isle monitors trying to keep people in their seats haha.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skiing our local midwest bumps as a teenager, with the local radio station ( WHSB-Alpena!) blasting from all the lift towers, the question was not what song you wanted to ski to. It was what song you wanted to play as you rode the old slow double chair. Ultimate goal? Timing your line so you could ride up with that pretty redhead from Algebra class as the opening chords of Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison started across the snow.

Now as an old man on somewhat bigger hills, I don't listen to music while I ski, but I always have a song in my head. Classic rock or reggae for cruisers, metal for the steeps. Wagner for anything with a grand sweeping view.

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
I love Manson, Disturbed, Metallica, The Cult and Buckcherry but most of that music is too frenetic to ski with so prefer to ski to more chill tunes.

Hip hop is a favorite of mine but it must have steady flow and a smooth groove. Love tupac, biggie, snoop, nas, dre, Ice cube, eazy e just to name a few. Mary J. Blige, Missy Elluot, Queen Latifah and Iggy Azealea are other faves.

I also love a little Joan Jett or some pop such as Sugar by Maroon 5, Madonna, Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

Title track to Blood Sugar Sex Magic by that chili peppers is a great one due to that slow hip hop beat style.

Kid Rock is another great choice for me.

I think I'm in love with you. ;) That is an awesome music selection.

Bill

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
I love Manson, Disturbed, Metallica, The Cult and Buckcherry but most of that music is too frenetic to ski with so prefer to ski to more chill tunes.

Hip hop is a favorite of mine but it must have steady flow and a smooth groove. Love tupac, biggie, snoop, nas, dre, Ice cube, eazy e just to name a few. Mary J. Blige, Missy Elluot, Queen Latifah and Iggy Azealea are other faves.

I also love a little Joan Jett or some pop such as Sugar by Maroon 5, Madonna, Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

Title track to Blood Sugar Sex Magic by that chili peppers is a great one due to that slow hip hop beat style.

Kid Rock is another great choice for me.

I think I'm in love with you. ;) That is an awesome music selection.

Bill

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Moguls. Album = Bombora, Song = "Bombora"

Powder. Album = Fog On The Tyne, Song = "Train In G Major"

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
On a sunshine, powder morning, almost anything from Miles Davis or John Coltrane. Kind of Blue is the usual album of choice. A live, older version of one of the songs on that album...

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Here's one I recently ran across, I set some GoPro footage from a trip to PC this season and it works pretty well... Can't post it to YouTube though, they're pretty picky about stuff like that. Maybe I'll email Steve Vai and get his take on how to do that... Two things govern my ski music - beat and energy.

:yahoo:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Whatever the groms have blasting out of their backpacks.. That's the music I ski to most often now..

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

cjm

Booting up
Skier
I don't listen to music while skiing but the Black Angles help with the pre-ski stoke.

And here is Marcus Caston ripping to the same song

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
And here is Marcus Caston ripping to the same song

[/QUOTE]

Caston's comment at the beginning just nailed it. And I've been in a race car ('67 911S Porsche I drove at Laguna Seca and Riverside...)

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
I used to listen to Faith No More------ Epic of course:roflmao:. I don't think I could listen to the Eagles Last Resort without getting ticked off....somebody laid the mountains low while the town got high:(