• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Depends on the mood- I have several ski pkaylists... most recent compilation is funk metaI- Infectious Grooves, Mindfunk, Scatterbrain, Primus, Mucky Pup

Another genre old school rap- Public Ememy, NWA, Dre, Snoop, Tupac- totally explicit versions not for listening with kids around

A few favs for speed: Ministry Jesus Built my Hotrod, Dropkick Murphys Rose Tattoo, Metalica Seek & Destroy, Social Distorion Story of my Life, Weezer Hash Pipe & GNR Nightrain

Cruisers: Johnny Cash, Twenty-0ne Pilots, Rolling Stones, & soundtracks from Stranger Things (80s techno pop) & Hamilton the Musical

Fun thread: looking forward to trying out suggestions from other members!

Isaac

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I love to listen to Rage Against The Machine Renegades Of Funk and Bulls on Parade while skiing. Makes it sooooooo much better. I like to listen to all of RATM's songs but those are songs i get a big smile on my face while skiing.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
For those that still have a chance to make a few turns, and the rest of us to imagine

medium-medium-short,short-medium-medium-short, short-staaaaaar-maaaan....

Bowie retrospective at the Brooklyn Museum

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
For those that still have a chance to make a few turns, and the rest of us to imagine

medium-medium-short,short-medium-medium-short, short-staaaaaar-maaaan....

Bowie retrospective at the Brooklyn Museum
Do prior actually try to match the best of music while they ski?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Does everyone on the dance floor actually dance to the beat? Are they having less fun? :) Go for it!

Dancing out of beat on the dance floor is way different than trying to force your skiing to match a beat. I just wonder about trying to turn based on an arbitrary rhythm vs the various surfaces and obstacles you might encounter. 'Sorry to run into you, but you were in the way of my rhythm.'

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Doors, Parlaiment, Hendrix, Rage, old school rap

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
Just added this to my ski fast playlist

Vanessa Mae Storm essential to watch the video at least once for the visual memory.

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just added this to my ski fast playlist

Vanessa Mae Storm essential to watch the video at least once for the visual memory.

Or you could do what I just did which was to switch to watch the video of her skiing GS at the Sochi Olympics while leaving this playing in the background. Anyway I have enjoyed her music for a long time, for some reason she seems to be relatively unknown here in the USA.

Monster

Monstrous for some time now. . .
Skier
Bad idea to listen to music at all while skiing. If you can't hear what's going on around you, you're dangerous to yourself and others. Ever been nearly whacked by a kid on a snowboard blasting rap in his buds and not paying attention to anything but himself? Just sayin'. . .

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Depends on the mood- I have several ski pkaylists... most recent compilation is funk metaI- Infectious Grooves, Mindfunk, Scatterbrain, Primus, Mucky Pup

Another genre old school rap- Public Ememy, NWA, Dre, Snoop, Tupac- totally explicit versions not for listening with kids around

A few favs for speed: Ministry Jesus Built my Hotrod, Dropkick Murphys Rose Tattoo, Metalica Seek & Destroy, Social Distorion Story of my Life, Weezer Hash Pipe & GNR Nightrain

Cruisers: Johnny Cash, Twenty-0ne Pilots, Rolling Stones, & soundtracks from Stranger Things (80s techno pop) & Hamilton the Musical

Fun thread: looking forward to trying out suggestions from other members!

I am not a skier who skis to music but I thought your "play list" was pretty interesting and, for the most part, not what I would listen to at all. However, I used to play the Weezer song, Hash Pipe with an old band. Really great song with some disturbing lyrics. I did a little research on it once because I wondered why hash pipe? The answer I found was it was originally Crack Pipe, which makes a lot more sense, but the record company made them change it to Hash Pipe. No idea if that is true or false.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Bad idea to listen to music at all while skiing. If you can't hear what's going on around you, you're dangerous to yourself and others. Ever been nearly whacked by a kid on a snowboard blasting rap in his buds and not paying attention to anything but himself? Just sayin'. . .

Who says we can't hear when we are listening to music?

Do you listen to the radio in the car?

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
While I don't ski to any music except for rhythms in my head, I always enjoy listening to some random super sounds of the 60's, 70's and ,gulp, now 80's on the speaker system at the local. I'm pretty focused when I ski so I cant really imagine skiing to any tunes or beats, but I love hearing the retro tunes while I'm in line or on the lift.

Those older tunes that sound like it could be from a mixed tape out of someone's car playing over the speaker system while I wait in the lift line makes me happy. Brings back memories of being a kid while setting the retro family centric vibe that I like to associate with skiing. I like to think of skiing as a time to mentally escape and listening to older tunes takes me back and helps me relax.........makes me appreciate the sport a little bit more while skiing the small local hill in Minnesota.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Spring skiing - bhangras:

Icy bumps with trees - Tito Puente:

Tele bindings on supershort skis on bluegreens - Disney:

Love the imagery you added. How appropriate. And, in the Dumbo video, I like the upper body discipline and the flexion and extension exhibited at 3:55

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I'm still waiting for consensus resolution of the "Pole plant on 1&3 or 2&4?" controversy. :P

So cool! I'm the guy who would clap on 1&3, so square! But, after listening to her explanation, and listening to the difference here,

to me, the answer is clear. If one is charging, or skiing as if one were engaged in sex, one would pick a groove appropriate for clapping, and poling, on 2&4 :). Mikaela Shiffrin in the second run starting at 2:00 here, that is so 2&4.

Yet, if one is just doing an easy, laid back cruiser, skiing to music that is more suited to clapping, and poling, at 1&3 would be better.

Teacher, teacher! Did I get the right answer?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January