• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best MtBike Trail apps

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That's your opinion, add you have a product to sell.

And that's why most of these apps are pretty useless.

It isn't clear to me why you think they are useless. I find their policy to only publish official trails meritorious. Social trails have ruined perfectly good terrain in Summit and have frequently trespassed on private property to do so.

I find MTB Project the opposite of 'pretty useless'. It has helped me find my way out of a rat's nest of trails, more than once. I also find MTB Project's (admittedly the only app I've used in the field to date) accurate and the most up to date information available.

While I'd like to have a paper map on board that is accurate and easy to use as I don't like relying on technology in the field, they just don't exist for the trail system where I ride. The scale is pretty much useless as trail density is high and the frequency of new trails makes them outdated before they make it off the press.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have had this weird issue with MTBProject (and HikingProject, etc) since I started using it a couple of years ago - the first time it looks for my location, it puts me way out nowhere near where I actually am. Then I hit the button again, and it finds my correct location. No idea what's up with that.

Both my Samsung S4 and my Moto Z2 show my current location when I start up the app. :huh: Me thinks you need submit a bug report. ogwink Oh, you just did. ;)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Both my Samsung S4 and my Moto Z2 show my current location when I start up the app. :huh: Me thinks you need submit a bug report. ogwink Oh, you just did. ;)

I think I've mentioned it before! But it seems to be a problem for exactly one user. @RachelV is there some sort of debug mode I could run it in (temporarily) that could generate a detailed log file?

Sponsor

Staff online