• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Movie Chase Scenes: Car Category.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
For me nothing will be able to exceed Bullitt. You know the one. Steve McQueen, 1968, Mustang, Charger. The way the tension builds. The throaty roar of Detroit muscle cars. The hills of San Francisco. I don't even much care for car chases. But that one is ingrained in my brain.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Grand Prix had some pretty good chase scenes in it, and a couple of outrageous wrecks.
The footage from the Monza banking was pretty cool. You know, we used to talk about "The Golden Age" of car racing..being the 60's..but jesus, so many people died in those days. It was great, unpredictable racing..it was also such a bloodbath.
Still, Grand Prix..great movie..directed by..wait for it.. John Frankenheimer! :)

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
ANY car movie with Burt Reynolds (RIP).......Smoky and the Bandit, Parts 1, 2, 3,4....Cannon Ball Run.....All classics, maybe not the Smokey and the Bandit sequels....Saw smokey and the bandit on a transatlantic flight last month.....pure awesomeness

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 6.03.11 PM.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Blues Brothers. It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes and we are wearing sunglasses....Hit it.

Awesome movie. My favorite scene is the car chase through the mall, when they spin around, and Dan Aykroyd calmly looks over and says (something like) Hmmm, looks like the new Oldsmobiles are in early" then back to the chase!

Also, though not car related: "We got both kinds. Country and Western."

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
There is a lot. Besides everything above, transporter (take your pick), Vanishing Point (although I did not like the ending), and maybe this belongs in the asking for a friend thread, but how many chargers did they wreck in the Dukes of Hazard tv show?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
ANY car movie with Burt Reynolds (RIP).......Smoky and the Bandit, Parts 1, 2, 3,4....Cannon Ball Run.....All classics, maybe not the Smokey and the Bandit sequels....Saw smokey and the bandit on a transatlantic flight last month.....pure awesomeness

View attachment 68708

Got a friend that has a fire chicken....summer only car.

Sponsor

Staff online