• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best food you've ever eaten. Weirdness encouraged.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I have had that and it's delicious. Went to college about 45 miles south of Madison and spent some time at Graves Mountain Lodge - whenever we would go, the Bavarian was a required stop.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Not weird at all, but pretty much my favorite food ever is the German cuisine served at The Bavarian Chef Restaurant in little Madison, VA. I first went to this restaurant probably 25 years ago. On occasion they serve something called Rindsrouladen, which is sort of a beef roll consisting of ground veal wrapped in tender sliced beef. Onions, pickles, bacon, etc. all involved in a rich, brown sauce coating the roll. That's my favorite. This place also serves great all-you-can-eat family style sides like creamed corn, red cabbage, spätzle, etc. I'm sure my opinion is super biased because I usually only go to this restaurant when I'm starving after a day of skiing or hiking. Massanutten ski area and Shenandoah National Park/Appalachian Trail are nearby. Snatched off the internet, this might be a photo of their Rindsrouladen, but in my memory it was twice this size:
the-bavarian-chef.jpg

Re my post above.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Agree with@Jim Kenney as well for the Bavarian in VA, excellent food, I've gotten a food coma there a time or two on the way back to wintergreen.

Best food for me ever was at the CIA yesterday in Hyde Park NY. Mrs. Carver attended culinary class yesterday and I got to sample

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had the best pizza in the world in some little bar in France. Don't know where, but I know it was a combination of people, place, and time that made a four cheese pizza taste like heaven. I'm actually glad I don"t remember where, because it would never be the same . . .

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Theres nothing as good as sitting at the kitchen table with family and friends, and devouring a mess of fresh lobsters. Or , substitute the lobsters for fresh oysters . My wife is from PEI, and we are down there several times a year. yumm!