• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Flask that won't poison or disflavor?

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Never have had a good flask... Most seem to have crummy, easy to loose caps, sharp corners, etc. Main concern is drinking Lead or other toxics in my booze, especially if I leave it filled. And most are frat boy ugly, I want something that isn't horrible.

Suggestions?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The only flask I had that leaked was from TGR (bought in Jackson Hole). Otherwise, I haven't had any other issues....and I collect flasks from ski resorts. :flask:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've had several "free" flasks from swag bags and such, which have always had issues.
The one that was free that I like for convenience and the fact that it doesn't leak is this one. But it doesn't fit in a pocket well.
image.jpg

This one was a gift from me to Phil at Arapahoe Basin several years ago. It's been great. No leaks, no nasty taste.
image.jpg

Both of these are stainless steel.

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Gal who was prez of my ski club carries 2 flasks. She ran out one day and wanted what was in my flask LOL.
Her card says "Chief Bartender" but wasn't prepared !

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I've got a number of flasks. My go to for taking along outdoor activities is the Stanley Classic 8oz. It's taller but more narrow and fits jackets pockets better. Wide mouth so easy to fill (and empty) and operable with gloves.

The smaller ones, in my experience, are a PITA to fill and tend to leak. They do look better though and fit nicely in a blazer pocket. I save them for things like PTA meetings and church socials, cause I like to keep it classy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I saw those Stanley flasks at OR. Did you know they own Aladdin? Aladdin who used to make our metal lunch boxes with the cool graphics and thermos, is not making really cool water bottles and grown up beverage options.
I'll post a pic of my "wine bottle" from Aladdin later today.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Alternatively, @Frankly, you could just get one of these. It's not exactly handy for a jacket pocket or even a large duffle bag, but it is easy to fill.

IMG_1350.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
This one was a gift from me to Phil at Arapahoe Basin several years ago. It's been great. No leaks, no nasty taste.
View attachment 28948
Mine is like this one except it isn't 'branded'. The lid is self retaining. It hasn't leaked. It came with a small funnel, so not trivial to fill, but not hard, either. The only flavor comes from the contents, not the flask.

Sponsor