• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best fitted cut jacket/pants

pykie87

Booting up
Skier
Guys,

I've been using mainly snowboard gear for the last 4-5 years as I generally do a bit of both in the one day, but I'm over the baggy nature of the snowboard clothing.

Anyone recommend a nice looking fitted jacket/pants combo? I don't want them ultra tight, but on the fitted side, rather than baggy.

I'm 6"5.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Are you looking for insulated/shell/super waterproof/extra breatheable gear? Does it need to come in tall/long inseam? Budget? Lots of products look good, but filtering down based on your climate/body really makes the right choice pretty obvious.

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
Maybe the more Scandinavian brands might suit a taller guy, if on the slim side also...
Peak Performance, Helly Hansen... SOS is very funky looking nowadays, not sure what you have stocked in Aussie to try out.

Another Norwegian alternative which looks interesting is Amundsen - seems there's a couple of stockists over your end of the world, one at Thredbo...
https://amundsensports.com/kleiva-jacket-mens/

Schoeller membrane fabric so should be very nice and quieter, softer than Goretex.

xamundsen-kleiva-jacket-mens-faded-navy-2019.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Nmv7DHRGzi.jpg

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Schoeller membrane fabric so should be very nice and quieter, softer than Goretex.

Goretex is a membrane, not a fabric, and they don't dictate the face/backer fabric or weave used by manufacturers, except for the knitting on the backer of C-Knit.

TS
P

pykie87

Booting up
Skier
Are you looking for insulated/shell/super waterproof/extra breatheable gear? Does it need to come in tall/long inseam? Budget? Lots of products look good, but filtering down based on your climate/body really makes the right choice pretty obvious.

In the OP i forgot to mention, that I want these purely for skiing, I'll keep the snowboard gear strictly for snowboard.

Given a major chunk of it will be used in Australia (Snow tends to be wetter than other regions in the world, wetter chairlifts etc), they will probably need to be waterproof. Im looking at mid budget, as I might by 2 pairs, 1 for bad weather, 1 for decent weather.

I like the cuts on the Ortovox pants, Dynafit Mercury, Crazy Idea Nomix, Crazy Idea Acceleration as an example.

dave g

Booting up
Skier
Aztech Mountain, exceptional quality and lifetime guarantee, Phenix

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid