New2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yea I agree with the Alfred E Neuman sentiments.(What, me worry?) The below was taken from liftopia.com blog rgarding snowfall amounts down in the westand substantially higher in the east during that winter. Thought I saw 309" on the GT site closing weekend. Don't remember for sure but doremember it as very sunny, warm, and sticky.
Northern Rockies
Wyoming, Montana and Idaho fared much like Colorado. Grand Targhee in Wyoming is about as reliable for snowfall as any U.S. resort. The ski area received a healthy 301 inches. Of course, it averages 500 inches, so 2014-15 was a down season by its high standards.

Utah
Like Grand Targhee, Utah resorts have huge annual snowfall averages. The 2014-15 season did not meet their high standards, but Alta Ski Area still tallied 324 inches. However, snowfall during the three months of January, February and March added up to just 98 inches. (Alta usually receives about that amount in each of those months.)
Since OpenSnow's only reporting November-April snow, it could well be that Targhee got 66-74 inches in October and May, so both sets of numbers might be accurate. Alta definitely followed their stellar April with more snow in May that season.

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
Seeking a few recommendations to add to my travel list.

Appreciates: laid-back, low-key spots. RV lots. Anything remotely similar to Baker or Whitewater. Beer served by the pitcher. Uncertainty whether the resort owns grooming equipment. A noticeable absence of GoPros on blue runs. Touchy cell phone service. Touchy plumbing. Slow fixed doubles. Very high population of old people and young children who ski very, very well. Great slackcountry terrain. Locals who ski said slack terrain with extremely heavy frame bindings and tele gear but are still wayyyy too fast to follow them out to the best goods. I've also got a particularly soft spot for Canada.

Tries to avoid: Nightlife. Shopping. Spas. Limitless blue groomers that all ski like groundhogs day. Bogner. Celebrity sightings. Social currency stemming from how expensive your kit is. Places reminiscent of Beaver Creek (with the exception of Cookie Time. 100% support for that).

Bridger's on the docket for March. Targhee and Alta pretty high on the list. We also loved little community hills like Loup Loup and Hoodoo. What other spots should be on our list?
Mind if I also use this descriptive when describing what I am looking for ? This is freaking beautiful! I love it.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Since OpenSnow's only reporting November-April snow, it could well be that Targhee got 66-74 inches in October and May, so both sets of numbers might be accurate. Alta definitely followed their stellar April with more snow in May that season.
Think you are correct. Targhee's reporting 40" so far with a 23" base. Generally open around Thanksgiving.