• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Demo or Adjustable Binding?

TS
Clax

Clax

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the detailed outline, Phil. Just great.

One question for clarification...the Marker Griffon 13 D (or 13 TCX D), you mentioned "still need to check forward pressure"...I assume this is only for when you switch boots (different BSL/sole), but checking forward pressure is not necessary for when you are using the same boots and just want to change your mount position. Is that correct?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the detailed outline, Phil. Just great.

One question for clarification...the Marker Griffon 13 D (or 13 TCX D), you mentioned "still need to check forward pressure"...I assume this is only for when you switch boots (different BSL/sole), but checking forward pressure is not necessary for when you are using the same boots and just want to change your mount position. Is that correct?
That is correct. All of the other bindings, if you set it at a 305 (or whatever), you are good, the Marker for some reason can be slightly off. Just double check it and you are gold. I do like the new Griffon TXD D demo which is the Griffon toe and the twincam heel (from the race bindings).

TS
Clax

Clax

Booting up
Skier
That is correct. All of the other bindings, if you set it at a 305 (or whatever), you are good, the Marker for some reason can be slightly off. Just double check it and you are gold. I do like the new Griffon TXD D demo which is the Griffon toe and the twincam heel (from the race bindings).

Thanks Phil. The Griffon TCX D does look really interesting. Especially that it is listed as being ~400g lighter than the Attack 13 Demo.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil. The Griffon TCX D does look really interesting. Especially that it is listed as being ~400g lighter than the Attack 13 Demo.
Yeah, good luck finding them though ;)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The problem with the Attack 13 demo toe piece on narrow skis comes into play when you're filing the side edges. I need to remove the toe piece to use my electric Swix edger as it rides up on the binding as it passes it.
But it's really easy. Click and slide. I do like being able to pop the bindings off the base just to wipe any junk that may have accumulated. It's also nice if you have multiple skis and limited space (rocket box) to stack them in. Bindings in a box, skis in the rocket box, no bindings banging each other.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am a former user of Marker Jester Schizo bindings, and I really liked them, but I see they are no longer available. I have a new pair of Salomon QST 118's incoming, and want to mount adjustable bindings to be able to play with the binding position.

If you like the Jester Schizo, @SkiEssentials , a forum sponsor appears to still have it's little brother the Marker Schizo 14 on stock with a 110mm brake. http://www.skiessentials.com/2017-marker-schizo-14-bindings.html

You should be able to source a wider brake for this binding (or do a little bending). Check with @SkiEssentials or @Philpug can point you in the right direction?

Last edited:
TS
Clax

Clax

Booting up
Skier
If you like the Jester Schizo, @SkiEssentials , a forum sponsor appears to still have it's little brother the Marker Schizo 14 on stock with a 110mm brake. http://www.skiessentials.com/2017-marker-schizo-14-bindings.html

You should be able to source a wider brake for this binding (or do a little bending). Check with @SkiEssentials or @Philpug can point you in the right direction?

Interesting...thanks for sharing this. I really did like the Schizo binding. Despite having to use a small stubby screwdriver, I found them very easy to use. Now I need to decide between these Schizo's and the Griffon 13 TCX D.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting...thanks for sharing this. I really did like the Schizo binding. Despite having to use a small stubby screwdriver, I found them very easy to use. Now I need to decide between these Schizo's and the Griffon 13 TCX D.

Corbetts has a big selection of Marker bindings

Sponsor

Staff online