• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best concert

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Hey hey! Yesterday with public tickets going on sale, was on my laptop at 10am and barely managed to get a one of the least expensive tickets for that No Filter Tour date.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
best Concert I ever saw was Kraftwerk in NYC. The band was eating dinner in the same restaurant as us before the show (in the outfits they wore on stage LOL) and then we sat down next to Ed Lover and talked hip-hop with him before the show. I'd so like to see them again.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
My all-time favorite concert: David Bowie's 50th Birthday Concert - Madison Square Garden, January 1997

Lou Reed, Billy Corgan, Robert Smith, the Foo Fighters, Frank Black & Sonic Youth joined David on stage. Unbelievable night.

RIP Bowie (1/8/47 - 1/10/16). I saw him over 30 times (I lost the exact count, wish I had all the stubs!)

Link to the concert:
https://youtu.be/NL6WbuzZj0E

He was an avid skier as well...

DB_IMAN_SKI.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Best was probably Eric Clapton at Jones beach with Robert Randolph & the family band opening. He had a “kid”( I think he was 27 lol) playing guitar with him that was almost as good as he was. The best sounding show I’ve ever been to at an outdoor arena.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
David Byrne at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. It was Sept 2001, a couple weeks after 9/11, so everything was heightened and emotional. He played "This Must Be the Place" and it hit everyone hard. That was particularly memorable.

The night before 9/11 - literally 9/10 - I saw Michael Jackson reunite with the Jackson 5 and tons of special guests at MSG.

I've also seen a lot of awesome shows:
  • Springsteen - always puts his all into every live performance (yes, I'm from Jersey)
  • Grateful Dead - went to 60-ish shows between 1988-1995 - never saw any incarnation of the band after Jerry died
  • Blues Traveler - used to see them at a club in NYC called The Wetlands. They would play until 4am
  • Sharon Jones - tons of energy and fun
  • Hole - Roseland Ballroom in the mid-90s - Courtney Love may be crazy, but she gives a good concert
  • Joan Osborne - random club in Queens, also in the mid-90s - such an amazing voice in a tiny venue
  • Trombone Shorty - Jazzfest 2005
And probably a bunch of others - but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. :D

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Saw Lyle Lovett and his large band here in Asheville at a smallish theatre. The way the band came on stage in waves during the first song was awesome. Musically one of the finest shows anyone could ask for. I saw them a year later in Baltimore, they did the same show but it didn't hold a candle to the first time we saw them.

Sponsor

Staff online