• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Berthoud Pass

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Anybody here impacted by the mess on Berthoud Pass? Last I heard it was still temporarily out of service. I'm wondering how many are actually taking the long way around to Winter Park and Granby Ranch and if business at both of those has dropped off significantly due to the road closure and the long detour to get in and out.

I'm guessing that the cleanup is taking so long because as they push the snow out of the way, more keeps falling off the hillside. That or the amount of snow involved is pretty huge.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it's that it just hasn't really stopped snowing? and they are supposed to get another couple feet the next couple days.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Raises hand. Skied WPMJ on Sun and got trapped by pass closure. Planned to head home Sun pm, but no go. I think more avalanches have stymied cleanup efforts. Skied on Monday (sensational, if challenging) and headed home, via Kremmling and Silverthorne, Tuesday. Took 10 hours and 40 mins from WPMJ to Denver! Most frustrating drive of my life, and I'm sure there are thousands of others who would agree.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Heard on the news Berthoud finally reopened a few mins ago.

Sponsor