• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
IMG_1513.JPG Good Morning from behind the Epic Curtain.

On Saturday I did some recon on Vail Mountain, marking on my GPS some hidden front side tree lines which are not readily visible when the snow is on the ground.

Once again, I will be working undercover here this season, and I hope to provide good Intel on both Vail and Beaver Creek.

I will be prepared to share my Intel with anyone who dares to set foot behind the Epic Curtain.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's quite a beautiful curtain. Hope to see more of those hidden gems.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
There will be lots more.
I spent a little time at Beaver Creek yesterday, but my photographs were confiscated by the authorities.
Had a great photo of Stone Creek chutes,but they do not want that information to get out.
The success of this mission relies upon secrecy.
Under no circumstances can my identity be compromised.

Is that understood?

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If my mountain bike trails get too blocked with fallen trees, I put a Corona pruning saw in my backpack. It'll go through a 12 inch oak pretty quickly and give you a good workout.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I'll try to post interesting finds and important announcements as it pertains to the evil empire in Eagle County.
I hope some Pugskiers will come make some turns with me this year, as I am trapped...behind the Epic Curtain.
Some try to escape (that's why people ski the Minturn Mileogsmile), but few make it out with their wallets intact.
But seriously, there are some great deals here if you know where to go.
For instance our go-to après has a fantastic selection of craft beers for $3.00.
I'll try to pass on some good intel on the hill and après.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I'll try to post interesting finds and important announcements as it pertains to the evil empire in Eagle County.
I hope some Pugskiers will come make some turns with me this year, as I am trapped...behind the Epic Curtain.
Some try to escape (that's why people ski the Minturn Mileogsmile), but few make it out with their wallets intact.
But seriously, there are some great deals here if you know where to go.
For instance our go-to après has a fantastic selection of craft beers for $3.00.
I'll try to pass on some good intel on the hill and après.

Intel always appreciated since I ski the Epic Local.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Intel needed: where to sleep covertly in a van near Vail / Beaver Creek and Breck. First year with an Evil Empire pass.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Intel needed: where to sleep covertly in a van near Vail / Beaver Creek and Breck. First year with an Evil Empire pass.
Hey man, I would look forward to skiing with you. It has been a couple of years.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'll be up there and will give you a shout ahead of time. My only other friend in the area is a life-long local who is sommelier / wine rep (with an awesome book) to the big restaurants there -- so I may have goodies to share.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
This is "Look Ma," An iconic little bump run just above the 10th restaurant.
IMG_1585.JPG
And these are some of the wild blueberries that grow there.
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG
It's my secret stash.
Don't tell anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

I had a 7 day Epic Pass 7 years ago and some of the places that I parked at overnight included Big O Tire in Avon where they did some work on my truck and then gave me the ok to park for the night, Home Depot where the policy was no overnight but no one enforces it, the rest area where it is posted "no overnight parking" but I was legitimately broke down and no one was checking anyways. Also the free shuttle lot for Breck. Any bar with their own parking lot.

The key is to not stay in the same place 2 days in a row.

Sponsor

Staff online