• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beginning and End of Trip Planned. Help me plan the middle bit!

TS
E221b

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
I think Saturday will be busy as it is at most places. Even though Jackson Hole is remote from big cities and people coming for a week tend to arrive and leave on Saturdays and not ski, there are enough people around there that work Mon-Fri and make Sat busy, especially if snow if good.

Jackson has been affected by the Ikon Pass. The bus driver on our shuttle from in-town motel last year on Sun 3/3 said traffic was bad from in-town to the ski area on Sat 3/2, a powder day.

A lot of people don't realize you can ski most of the day and still watch the Super Bowl in the West. I think that weekend would have bigger than normal crowds on Sat and a little smaller than normal on Sun due to people preparing for game. If you are staying in Teton Village, you don't really have much of an excuse for not being ahead of the crowds and getting a lot of skiing.
Yeah. Every time I've stayed in Teton Village, once you get out of the base area to mid-mountain or above, I've found it easy to get away from crowds. There's this kinda awesome traverse from the Rendezvous Lodge over to the Cirque that I love for avoiding people

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online