• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shameless promotion for a new brewery in Rockford Illinois.

If this is illegal, Mods please take it down.

My award winning brewer son was opening his tap room when Corona (not the beer) struck. He finally received permission to open for curbside on weekends and it has been a crazy 2 days with lines (6 feet apart) stretching down the block. Yay!

If you are in the neighborhood, check it out. The Kolsch is a favorite.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

My award winning brewer son was opening his tap room when Corona (not the beer) struck. He finally received permission to open for curbside on weekends and it has been a crazy 2 days with lines (6 feet apart) stretching down the block. Yay!

I wish him good luck because it must be almost impossible to start a business in this environment.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Birra Alpinista

I hardly ever drink lager anymore. Once in a while, though, it just tastes right. Like tonight after a hard ride on a warm night.

This one is very well done. They've definitely hit their target of "Italian Pilsner" because it tastes just like Peroni, only better, in the same way a garden tomato tastes "just like" one from the market. The reference to the Alps is just frosting for Pugs.

Edit: Did some Googling. Not because I'm unfamiliar with the brewery - it's one of my faves - but just because. Interesting that on Untappd it has average scores, but the few reviewers on Beer Advocate like it. It appears to me that a lot of the folks on Untappd don't actually have any idea what a Pilsner is about.

20200528_201728-02.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
Birra Alpinista

I hardly ever drink lager anymore. Once in a while, though, it just tastes right. Like tonight after a hard ride on a warm night.

This one is very well done. They've definitely hit their target of "Italian Pilsner" because it tastes just like Peroni, only better, in the same way a garden tomato tastes "just like" one from the market. The reference to the Alps is just frosting for Pugs.

Edit: Did some Googling. Not because I'm unfamiliar with the brewery - it's one of my faves - but just because. Interesting that on Untappd it has average scores, but the few reviewers on Beer Advocate like it. It appears to me that a lot of the folks on Untappd don't actually have any idea what a Pilsner is about.

View attachment 103467
Thanks for sharing this Pilsner I am going to try it. For some reason Pilsners are hard to find.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Zrxman01: really impressive inventory/variety, especially for a relatively small town. Clearly, lots of regional brews as I recognize very few of them, other than Sierra Nevada.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

I'll have to remember next time I'm down in Rockford area. Good luck to your son. Have him hook up with the local Water Ski Show team, Ski Broncos. There could be some mutual benefit for both of them.

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Had some of this lately. Coffee Brown Ale by Mobcraft in Milwaukee. (crowdsourced beer)

1591026950975.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Has anyone tried this it is new to me.
IMG_20200618_214236.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
May next will be one called "Can Pigs Fly"
I have often thought that the names of these small brewing companies are a bit strange. Not sure why Flying Dog is that much different from some of the others.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you notice the name of the beer? Plus his question? Am I the only beer drinker with that sort of mind?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is sad. I've never been but its not cool to see any place burned out.

Bad news from Burlington....

View attachment 105483

Though I'm not a beer drinker, @Andy Mink has introduced us to the owners of Great Basin Brewery. They are fantastic people.
Its good to see them win some medals, which they've been winning for several years.

Reactions: BC.