• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This beer was the highlight from our trip to Montana and Glacier NP this summer. Out for dinner in Whitefish, I had the Hellroaring Hazy from Bias Brewing. Talk about hazy! It was delightful. Tried to find some to take with but apparently, they don't can it, only keg.

w-234050395.jpg

Tony

tseeb
Skier
We suffered long line at Russian River Brewing in Windsor, CA for Pliny the Younger after way too much cheese and wine at CA Artisan Cheese Festival at Sonoma County Events Center in Santa Rosa about 10 miles South. Last year the cheese event and Pliny the Younger beer release were earlier in year, but we gave up after seeing line in Santa Rosa before opening on Monday.

We made it in after 1 hr 40 minutes (twice as long as I waited to load Collins at Alta on 3/13 with 16" new). While waiting my wife visited the gift shop, but didn't buy anything then, and we each took the self-guided tour.
8590Brewhouse.JPG 8592Mash.JPG
8596PlinyReleaseInfo.JPG
We split a Russian River Burger ($18) with Pliny Fries (adds white cheddar fondue, pickled jalapenos, garlic and parmesan for $4). I had two 10 oz. Pliny the Younger while my wife had one plus a Citra Flash Mob. For $81 plus tax, CRV and tip, I bought six 17.25 oz. (510 ml) Pliny the Youngers. We gave one to the couple who watched our dog along with a Pliny the Elder and got home with another of those and a Citra Flash Mob. Finally opened one tonight while watching the Warriors beat Orlando with Draymond ejected in first four minutes. Yes, Pliny the Younger is very good and worth the wait if in the area. Bottle says "Please keep refrigerated at all times and open soon after purchase to enjoy at its very best."
8606RRBrews.JPG 8609PlinyPour.JPG

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Bump…headed to Portland, ME this weekend….it’s home base as we head to UMaine on Saturday afternoon. Heading to/home from Portland is a bit closer than going/staying all the way up at UMaine…plus we want to hit Portland for dinner/beer Friday/Saturday night.

Any recommendations (dinner, beers) from the collective?/..staying downtown, so places that are walkable?

Saw these 2 close to where we are staying?

-Shipyard
-Brickyard Hollow
Oops. Missed this. Let me know next time.

Reactions: BC.