• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BBQ and outdoor cooking

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Ok. Tired of @JeffB embarassing us all with his fine cooking ;). I realize this pales in comparison to his cooking but tonight was grilled portabella mushroom sandwiches with grilled homegrown organic onions and homegrown salad. It was tasty.

image.jpeg

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Wild sockeye from the market. Cedar plank, well soaked with water all afternoon. Plank goes on the fire for a few min to get hot, then the hot side gets painted with olive oil before the filet is added to that side. Then back on with lemon and fresh basil from the garden, salt and pepper for 12-15 min at 400 dome temp depending on taste.

Side of bucatini finished with a lemon beurre blank of sorts. More fresh basil. Could have used some capers but was out. Did have fresh grated Parmesan though.

A variety of white wine was required. YMMV.

image.jpg
image.jpg

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Flat iron steak. In other news, many of you fine folks are now in snow, but I'm cooking outside in shirt sleeves (and incredible envy).

IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Results pending - 5 pounds total weight, 3 of which is thick cut bacon

IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0734.JPG

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
9.5 pound bone-in booty just went in the smoke for dinner tomorrow. IMG_0735.JPG

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Booty finished up nicely IMG_0744.JPG

Added a couple spatchcocked chickens.

IMG_0745.JPG

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Mussels on the egg. With the help of a cast iron Dutch oven. Butter, white wine, some garlic. Campari tomatoes and lemon. IMG_0747.JPG

sonnyc

Booting up
Skier
Did 10 racks of these a couple weeks ago for work. Let them slow for 10hrs or so and they came out juicy good!
Will do another 12 in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 12
TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
NY Strip, mid rare. Broccolini a la plancha. Baby arugula salad with raspberries, almonds, goat cheese, and bacon. Pinot to drink along with High West Bourye (not pictured).

IMG_0957.JPG

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
NY Strip, mid rare. Broccolini a la plancha. Baby arugula salad with raspberries, almonds, goat cheese, and bacon. Pinot to drink along with High West Bourye (not pictured).

View attachment 20681

man, almost want to kidnap you into servitude! BTW, Nice touch on the PugSki stickers

gotta fire up a grill now .. you're an inspiration.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Post it up.

Today was a 4 pack of Costco filet, some quartered brussel sprouts, and egg baked spuds. Thinking about going Benihana tmrw on the plancha with some chicken breasts, but running out of ideas.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Drizzling this on a grilled steak is yummy. But putting it on the table like this and letting your diners do it for themselves adds a visual and interactive appeal.

20170506_194036.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK @JeffB, @maverick2 doing a Brisket on smoker but have the other half waiting in fridge. Used a standard store bought rub on the one smoking now (started 3hrs ago) but ...

suggestion on a nice rub?
suggestion on anticipated cook time or temp for finish?

I was gonna start a tread on meats, rub, etc but figured it may be misread :roflmao:

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
@pete

How many pounds? Generally accepted finish temp for brisket is 190 internal.

I do brisket at 225-240 indirect and plan on about 2.5 hrs per pound.

But ... as I'm sure you've heard discussed, there is significant variability with individual meat (gratitutious quote for your planned meat and rub thread).

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January