• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BBQ and outdoor cooking

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_1234.JPG
Did't BBQ it but ate it outside, does that count?

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Costco flanks (finally ended my AMEX or FU protest, which I admit was doomed from the start - probably what the company was counting on in the aggregate).

Sea salt, cracked pepper, minced garlic, bit of soy.
image.jpeg

BGE blast furnace, 700+, 3 min per side, then pulled and rested.
image.jpeg

Kale on plancha. Grapeseed oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper. Done in about 2 minutes.
image.jpeg

Sliced and served

image.jpeg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ That's my favorite Shun knife. I keep it hidden so guests won't use it but I do keep a more pedestrian Shun in the block for them.

I love flanks but the Costco ones I've had\ needed a lot of tenderizing.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ That's my favorite Shun knife. I keep it hidden so guests won't use it but I do keep a more pedestrian Shun in the block for them.

I love flanks but the Costco ones I've had\ needed a lot of tenderizing.

Try the ones at the Chinese Grocery in SLC. Ocean Mart in South Sandy is pretty decent.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
^^^ That's my favorite Shun knife.

One of the few things inside the house that belongs to me alone. Have some Wusthofs, Globals, and other Shuns, but that one is mine and no one else is allowed to touch it. And I use it for everything.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the few things inside the house that belongs to me alone. Have some Wusthofs, Globals, and other Shuns, but that one is mine and no one else is allowed to touch it. And I use it for everything.
Seems like the older I get the more things I have that no-one else uses.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
BGE pizza.

Made raw dough and topped with left over flank steak sliced very thin. Also vidalia onions caramelized in balsamic. 5 min cook time at 600 on the pizza stone. Clean up via leaf blower.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am not usually one for pizza on the grill but it is hard to argue with that.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No photos, but bourbon chicken and then grilled peaches for dessert. Topped the peaches with butter/cinnamon/sugar, and they went well with the leftover bourbon. Next time putting some bourbon in the butter sauce.

TS
JeffB

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Still haven't tried pizza on the Egg. Need to try some soon.

Best tip I have is to use a good amount of corn meal on your pizza peel. And some on the stone too. Makes placement and retrieval of the dough/crust lots easier than flour alone.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No photos, but bourbon chicken and then grilled peaches for dessert. Topped the peaches with butter/cinnamon/sugar, and they went well with the leftover bourbon. Next time putting some bourbon in the butter sauce.
And don't forget to add some bourbon to the bourbon

Sponsor