• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bands/singers that never really floated your boat

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not to hijack this thread but on that note,
what about everyone’s guilty pleasures?- the song /band/performer you don’t want to admit to...
Here’s mine : while driving to to the Stratton summer freestyle camp in 75-76? , Donna Summer’s , “I-feel love” came on the radio and I heard it for the first time. I was absolutely mesmerized. I hate/hated disco but this song was like nothing I’d heard before . Now it’s considered a landmark in the evolution of electronic music and if it comes on now, I’ll listen to it.
Not a hijack but maybe another thread. It is interesting to me that you said you were driving and it was summer when you first heard the song. I think that there is a connection between music and driving in good spring or summer time weather. Some songs are the type that you roll down the windows or put the top down on a convertible and maybe drive a little faster than you should on a curve mountain road. The songs that do this may have something to do with what was your age when you first heard the song, of course you had to at least have your drivers permit, 16 in most states.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone talked about Disco earlier and it was not my favorite, but a lot of the women thought it was good and it did bring dancing back. Could not dance much to classic rock and not to any Metal bands.
I couldn't stand disco....until I learned to dance hustle. Now I get it...it's not music to actually listen to LOL

Physical contact between the participants during a mating dance generally yield improved results. :ogcool:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Michael Jackson
Ed Sheeran
Bruno Mars
Taylor Swift
U2
Radiohead
Bob Dylan (RATM cover of Maggie's Farm is one of my favorite tracks ever, as are several covers/performances of my back pages. I just can't stand Bob Dylan)
John Denver
Michael Buble
Willie Nelson
Van Morrison
Countless more that I can't think of at the moment.

Sponsor