• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bacon

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did have bacon ice cream once and also didn’t care for it - the bacon chunks were soggy. I’d be willing to give it another chance though if I could get crunchier bacon in there. Hopefully some scientists are working on this issue.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did have bacon ice cream once and also didn’t care for it - the bacon chunks were soggy. I’d be willing to give it another chance though if I could get crunchier bacon in there. Hopefully some scientists are working on this issue.

Sounds like a good story line for "The Big Bang Theory"

Kiki

Dreams are the touchstones of our characters
Skier
Have you had bacon donuts? Think of a delicious plain donut with real maple syrup icing and chunks of bacon embeded in the glaze.....

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Now a bacon donut, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes please. I think one of the tahoe skiers was telling me about a bacon maple donut at this place in San Fran. Wasn't able to get there but it's on my list. My grandmother was part hungarian and one of the dishes she always made was cabbage, bacon and noodles. OMG.... so good. I used to be a vegetarian and made this with fake bacon once and it was good but NOT THE SAME.......................

i'd definitely try bacon ice cream again. I think some Scotch or perhaps even cabin fever maple whiskey might be a good beverage to have beforehand.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every year at SIA Trade Show, Darn Tough socks gives away soft serve maple ice cream with bacon crumbles on top. Yes, it is as good as it sounds and yes, there is always a line.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Medicated bacon latte
IMG_1876.JPG

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Bacon in the Bloody Marys at Killington. The BBMary includes olives, pickle (why?), hot pepper stuffed with prosciutto and provolone, and 2 slices of bacon. I get extra horseradish. Lunch. Done.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
image.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every year at SIA Trade Show, Darn Tough socks gives away soft serve maple ice cream with bacon crumbles on top. Yes, it is as good as it sounds and yes, there is always a line.
And the dogs. Yes there are dogs allowed at SIA, in part because there are so many dog products being shown, and the love the Darn Tough booth.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I saw on the news this morning that today is International Bacon Day. Since we are an international community I thought it should be acknowledged.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January