• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
I ordered some Augment All Mountain 88s and the invoice/manifest says they are fitted with B80 Look SPX 13. Due to supply chain issues with Look delaying binding inventory supplied to Augment, I had the (UK) warehouse ship the skis to me without the bindings mounted (the holes are already drilled). The UK warehouse mistakenly included some B80 NX 13 in the box, without the mount plates.

Of course I have time for the SPXs to arrive, no rush, or need to mount the NX instead (not an option without mounts anyway). I know @Philpug has previously advised I could fit B90s on the Bonafide ... is that the same idea with B80s and an 88 width ski?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I ordered some Augment All Mountain 88s and the invoice/manifest says they are fitted with B80 Look SPX 13. Due to supply chain issues with Look delaying binding inventory supplied to Augment, I had the (UK) warehouse ship the skis to me without the bindings mounted (the holes are already drilled). The UK warehouse mistakenly included some B80 NX 13 in the box, without the mount plates.

Of course I have time for the SPXs to arrive, no rush, or need to mount the NX instead (not an option without mounts anyway). I know @Philpug has previously advised I could fit B90s on the Bonafide ... is that the same idea with B80s and an 88 width ski?
I don't think I ever said the B90 on a Bonafide, I know I will say the 95 brake will fit. I am not familiar with the NX13...NX12, yes but not a 13.

TS
AlpedHuez

AlpedHuez

Skier
I don't think I ever said the B90 on a Bonafide, I know I will say the 95 brake will fit. I am not familiar with the NX13...NX12, yes but not a 13.
That's right, you said 95, didn't intentionally misquote you, just misremembered on my part. And yes it's a 12, either NX or SPX (I must've confused with Griffon 13 DIN).

So, getting back to my post's question, does it sound like they are supplying the wrong brake width for the Augment AM88? Should be a 90 or 95? I think the B80 they sent was meant for an AM77.

Last edited:
TS
AlpedHuez

AlpedHuez

Skier
Can someone just tell me what brake SPX12s I should be getting for an 88 width ski?