• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Avid skier from Africa

TS
E

Eddie2019

Booting up
Skier
Awesome, welcome to Pugski, Ed! Where in Africa? Where do you normaly ski?
Hi
In Africa we have a ski resort called Afriski (its a single slope but great to get the skiis on https://www.afriski.net ) and then a couple of times a season we head to Austria , usually in the Kitzbuhler Alpen region. I love skiing in the US but I have a 5 year old and the time zone difference and travel time with a 5 year old is impossible ;)

James

Out There
Instructor
Never knew there was skiing down in the south of Africa. Pretty big infrastructure for one slope. Can one ski off piste or is it unreliable?

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Never knew there was skiing down in the south of Africa. Pretty big infrastructure for one slope. Can one ski off piste or is it unreliable?
Hmm, you have not been following the FIS calendar carefully enough or tracking the ski racing ambitions of musicians ogsmile. Vanessa Mae raced Slalom at Tiffendell in South Africa as part of her attempt to qualify for the Winter Olympics. I guess that way there could not be accusations that the race was created just for her benefit as in her previous attempt. I hadn't heard of Afriski but did a 4x4 trip across Lesotho about 20 years ago. The resort is probably not too dependent on skiing, it is near some world class mountain scenery. You do not get a lot of pictures that do it justice but that whole area is where Lord of the Rings should have been filmed.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hmm, you have not been following the FIS calendar carefully enough or tracking the ski racing ambitions of musicians ogsmile. Vanessa Mae raced Slalom at Tiffendell in South Africa as part of her attempt to qualify for the Winter Olympics. I guess that way there could not be accusations that the race was created just for her benefit as in her previous attempt. I hadn't heard of Afriski but did a 4x4 trip across Lesotho about 20 years ago. The resort is probably not too dependent on skiing, it is near some world class mountain scenery. You do not get a lot of pictures that do it justice but that whole area is where Lord of the Rings should have been filmed.
Yep, didn't even know there was a Lesotho. Last guy I remember from Africa at the Olympics I thought trained inside in England mostly.

Sponsor

Staff online