• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Local stations are reporting one fatality.

Wardner Peak has some pretty steep open lines on it. They have gotten 2 feet in the last 2 days on top of a very unstable crust. A bad mix for a bunch of skiers who have been chewing their nails to get some freshies. Wardner is on the right of the trail map. 16 to 1 is one of the areas that slid, someplace a lot of us would have been today given the chance.

Attachments

• Trail Map 2017.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
That link now says five rescued, one dead.

Not sure this adds anything.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
There are 2 threads going on this right now. Can we get them combined?

Here is a picture of where it happened. It is steeper than it looks in the pic.

4bd608d895031019abf1f6d0d6e67ad2.jpg

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
20 minutes ago Silver posted on their Facebook page that their ski patrol has found an additional person and they have been taken to the hospital. All skiers have now been located. Hopefully the last skier will be alright, that is a long time to be buried.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
2 dead. I didn't go up today. Pugski members that at OK not involved. Dave Comba, Mike Brede, Jeff, Hayley, Steve and Fran, Ernie LeBlanc and Ernie Silva, Richard Teledancer. Richard and Jeff skied Silver today but didn't go out onto Wardner, Jeff said because he was skiing alone and it was foggy and Richard quit early. I do know one who was lost but can't say at this time, he was not a pugski guy. Real bad day.

IMG_0536.JPG

Wardner Peak Silver Mt Idaho. RIP guys

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Vibes to you and community.

Just got confirmation that my buddy who skis their regularly is good. Apparently he hasn't heard from a friend who was on the hill yesterday :(. Hard to imagine.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2 dead. I didn't go up today. Pugski members that at OK not involved. Dave Comba, Mike Brede, Jeff, Hayley, Steve and Fran, Ernie LeBlanc and Ernie Silva, Richard Teledancer. Richard and Jeff skied Silver today but didn't go out onto Wardner, Jeff said because he was skiing alone and it was foggy and Richard quit early. I do know one who was lost but can't say at this time, he was not a pugski guy. Real bad day.

View attachment 89580

Wardner Peak Silver Mt Idaho. RIP guys
Thank you for reporting in.
Be well my friend.

Sponsor

Staff online