• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hey Shop owners and rats, what ski's are selling? Any trends this season? Please include where your shop is located,

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well .... not a shop rat - anymore but here in Big Sky I’m seeing quite a few Rustler 10 -11s on the hill along with more QST 106s than I’ve seen in a long time. Lift rides with owners are all :thumb: and laps with owners of both models are showing positive results they are solid performers. 95 -10somethings are the normal DDs regardless of conditions and most skiers I’m asking are doing the OSQ

Healthy stacks of heattronics on the shelves ready for holiday installation as temps get ready to dip.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
our LSS has sold a record number of boots. They sold a ton of Soli's and Atomic ultra's

@Catskill carver I was just discussing the Rustler 10's the other day, I may have to track a pair down for a demo. I am in the hunt for a 98-102 ski for those mid-level powder days (8-10") that are a bit more narrow for bumps and tracked out stuff.

btw- Hotronics?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah - those heated booty things !
Rustler 10 and 11s look to be performing quite well in bumps as it’s super easy to spot with the glowing base. Both hill shops are stocked well with the entire line from Blizzard
The soli shift binder and matching boot is getting some luv as well.

James

Out There
Instructor
The Rustler 9 is often preferred here over things like the Kore93 and probably the 99 but that is new so haven't heard. Not that the Rustler is flying off the shelves, but those in the know like it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As a hot trend that people are coming in and asking ...
Head Kore 93 is almost sold out again
The Shift binding came late and left early. There may (emphasis on may) be one with a 100 brake left on the wall.
The other product is anything on the helmet wall. It seems that people are either just getting a helmet or replacing their old one and they want the new technology. What's the best protection?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
how are the sizes on the Rustler 10? I would think the 180 would ski short with that rocker but the 188 may be too much for tighter terrain?

that said, I am anxiously awaiting for the arrival of the Renoun 98 v3 for testing. this season is proving to be a great year for early season testing of soft snow/powder skis. I loved the V2 but felt it needed better groomed chops, my initial testing at SIA was too short and only on firm groomers where the new design proved to be a significant improvement with a longer wheelbase and improved tail.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Our small town, downtown shop owner says he is a bit surprised that the four year old Enforcer 100 remains an easy sell.

It seems like the Nordica Pro Machine 130 boot is selling out. Northeast.

That is a boot I really wanted to try on, but our small town ski shop stops his buying progression at the Speed Machine (I think) level.

I ended up with Raptors from the even smaller tuner/fitter/race shop up the mountain, and am thrilled.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
how are the sizes on the Rustler 10? I would think the 180 would ski short with that rocker but the 188 may be too much for tighter terrain?
Its interesting that you ask that question. I skied the Dakota in 170 and really liked it, have had the Samba in 166 in nearly every iteration of the ski, and skied the Sheeva 10 in 172 and was in love at first turn.
A guy who skis a Bonafide in 180 may find the 180 Rustler to be a tad short but since my experience is from a different view..... :huh:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • Skis:
    • Blizzard Rustler 9 & 10
    • Ficher Ranger 102 FR
    • Head iRally, still the one people ask for
    • Head Kore 93, momentum still from last year
    • Renoun, people are coming in asking if we heard of them and/or carried them
    • Volkl M5/Secret, a lot on the hill, much from last years early release.
  • Boots:
    • Fischer Ranger
    • Head Raptor
    • K2 Recon 120/130
    • Nordica ProMachine 120/130
  • Bindings:
    • Attack 12/13, Head continues to buy this segment with a good underpriced binding
    • Pivot Forza, need I say more.
    • Shift, anyone who didn't see this coming, didn't do their research
    • Warden 11 MNC
  • Other:
    • Anything heated, people will pay to keep warm
      • Boot heaters
      • Boot bags, @KULKEA is the one people are asking for.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Rustler 9 is often preferred here over things like the Kore93 and probably the 99 but that is new so haven't heard. Not that the Rustler is flying off the shelves, but those in the know like it.
I felt like the 10 and 11 were a little better than the 9.
As for the KORE 93, stores out here can't keep them in stock.

RE: Warm Feet
People are asking for the Kulkea Thermal Trekker and I've installed a lot of Thermic boot heaters this year.

James

Out There
Instructor
I felt like the 10 and 11 were a little better than the 9.
As for the KORE 93, stores out here can't keep them in stock.
Yep, Kore93 is hot here too. It looks good on the wall, looks good under the tree, it's modern, it's good.
Rustler is a plain Jane wearing a potato sack. I would never have predicted this esp due to zero or nearly 0 camber in R, but at least two very good skiers I know much preferred the Rustler 9 over the Kore 93.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
If I had to buy one, it would be the 9. :thumb: the rustler has more pop and energy. but, the Liberty V92 is better than either.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rustler is a plain Jane wearing a potato sack. I would never have predicted this esp due to zero or nearly 0 camber in R, but at least two very good skiers I know much preferred the Rustler 9 over the Kore 93.
I over heard a product manager from another brand saying it was the one of the best skis he skied on.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
BTW- I love these tops

ONECOL.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
BTW- I love these tops

ONECOL.jpg
Going back to the original Bonafide, I suggested an Asymmetrical topskin that didn't have a left/right graphic. They finally listened (starting with the first of the new gen Bonafide) .

James

Out There
Instructor
So its new graphics for this year but the ski is the same? Last year's was grey.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So its new graphics for this year but the ski is the same? Last year's was grey.
The 9 is new for this year..the 11 is carry over, the 10 was revised quickly, last years was grey and pretty blah.

Sponsor

Staff online