• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Attack 13 Demo - 95mm brake on Laser AX?

Davec1

Booting up
Skier
I have a recently been given a pair of 2017 Laser AX's that need the bindings remounted (Jesters) as the previous owner had a far bigger BSL than me.

I am thinking of putting on a pair of Attack 13 Demo's, though note that they are recommended for +85mm waists whilst the Laser AX is only 78mm at the waist. Has anyone had any experience with the using these bindings on the AX's? Is there any issues or things I need to be aware of?

Additionally, it seems that L9 have a cracking deal on Attack 13 Demo's though they only have 95mm brake in stock. Is this too wide on a 78mm ski?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is an 85mm brake that will be better suited for the Laser.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Finding sub-85 mm brakes is frustrating - seems like they should be really common but nope. I've had to put 90s on my AXs - no problems that I"m aware of, but I was initially very paranoid about throwing the skis way over on edge and digging the brake shoulder in. Turns out, with almost 50 mm of stack height on by binding, my fears were unfounded.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, right. didn't see that he wanted the demo binding. Either way, he's covered.

TS
D

Davec1

Booting up
Skier
I managed to pick up a 2017 Attack 13 Demo for $119 with a 95mm brake and an additional 85mm brake for $45, so I am pretty pleased.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Sponsor

Staff online