• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic S9 vs S9i

MattFromCanada

Professional Something-or-another
Skier
My Ogasaka Slaloms have delaminated on me and I’m in the market for a relatively inexpensive 165 slalom to get me through the rest of the winter and various ski exams, up here in Canada I came across a site offering up the Atomic Redster S9i fir $550 CAD, does anyone know the difference between that and the regular S9?

Betaracer

Atomic Race & Tech Rep, BC Region
Skier
It's an alternate colourwave offered to select retailers. The Japanese market selects alternate cosmetics one certain models. Sometimes with SMUs there could be construction changes beyond the cosmetic change, which could include a different core or laminate layup. Because it is not part of my knowledge base, I can't give exact comparison to the S9 in the regular line.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Seems to be across Canada. Oberson, Corbett's, Garceau and Skate Pro. Most of those are in Quebec.

DESCRIPTION
The Atomic Redster S9i are designed to be the ideal choice for advanced riders or ski experts going for racing sessions. The core of these skis is made of wood, laminate and titanium. If you are looking for longevity for your skis, the wood core will give you just that. A titanium layer is included to stiffen up the skis resulting in more power-transfer and stability at high speed.
These skis have a camber baseline which gives you stability when carving and good edge hold. With the short 11.5m radius, you get a very fast and playful turn initiation.
  • Range of use: 100% on-piste
  • These Atomic carving skis with a waist width of 68mm are ideal for quick turns on the piste
  • X 12 GW bindings are included and mounted on a plate, which makes them easily adjustable
  • These bindings have a maximal DIN value of 12
Notice: When purchasing skis and bindings from us, we will install your bindings free of charge. If you would like us to mount and adjust the bindings please provide the information at checkout.
Show less

SPECIFICATIONS

Waist Width:
68mm
Radius:
11.5m
Skill Level:
Advanced, Expert
Binding:
Included
Width:
115/68/101 mm
Performance:
100% on-piste
Type:
Racing
Profile:
Camber
Core material:
Wood, Laminate, Titanium
DIN Setting:

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
An Atomic that delaminated? Aw shucks. How'd you do that? Anything traumatic?

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
OP @MattFromCanada - I have the X9i and may pick up the S9i. The major difference is the i has a caruba wood core so it is lighter and snappier.
This (and the different cosmetic). Same mold series (shape), damping technology, and binding plate but with a different wood core. It was originally made for the Japanese market but is now available outside of Japan in select retailers.

gamiller7

Booting up
Skier
This (and the different cosmetic). Same mold series (shape), damping technology, and binding plate but with a different wood core. It was originally made for the Japanese market but is now available outside of Japan in select retailers.

When will Atomic be releasing the details on Revoshock - x9i, x9i WB, s9, g9 for the US market? Thank you

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
When will Atomic be releasing the details on Revoshock - x9i, x9i WB, s9, g9 for the US market? Thank you
One small point of clarification. The X9i, although it does not have WB in its name, is already 75 underfoot, like the standard X9 WB, and not 65 like its (heretofore) green X9 brother. I did hear that the "I" version will replace the regular WB in the next model year (22?).

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
21/22 Redster skis will debut this week during World Champs, so everything is hush hush until they officially drop.

Stay tuned.
Apparently they have been using them on the WC for a while with a fake Servotec painted on. I ran into the Atomic Rep. at Mt. Bachelor last week and saw a couple of pair. And I saw of photo of Shiffrin and you could see the Revoschock modules on the forebody of ski with the fake Servotec painted on!

From Powder 7, 2022 Preview:
"Redesigned Redster skis, complete with Revoshock. Revoshock is a suspension system for your skis, using spring steel modules encased in impact-absorbing elastomer to provide, according to Atomic, unparalleled shock absorption."

you can see it here!

GettyImages-1230612800-e1611663373831.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online