• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Revel goggles - any knowledgeable?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have an older pair of low light goggles that -mostly- work with my face and helmet.

I am interested in the Revel 3 or the Revel Racing for a bright day and general duty western goggle.

Questions:
- does the Revel 3 work with the Atomic Redster helmet? Naturally that somewhat depends on the face, but in this instance I am mostly interested in the curvature of the frame top and the vent positioning.
- what are my lens options? am I losing out by sticking to the Racing?
- should I forget about these and go with something else like Oakley's A-frame?

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Didn't see this earlier. We have some Revel goggles that we got last season but I don't know if they are the Revel 3 or not. I'm going to the shop for a bit tomorrow so I will try to remember to look. I went with some Salomon X-Max goggles this year and so far I really like them. Have no idea how they would work with the Atomic helmet. I'm not sure there are too many options for lenses because I think Atomic is getting out of helmet/goggles/clothing business.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I might be wrong about the helmets, but they are definitely getting out of the clothing business.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Didn't see this earlier. We have some Revel goggles that we got last season but I don't know if they are the Revel 3 or not. I'm going to the shop for a bit tomorrow so I will try to remember to look. I went with some Salomon X-Max goggles this year and so far I really like them. Have no idea how they would work with the Atomic helmet. I'm not sure there are too many options for lenses because I think Atomic is getting out of helmet/goggles/clothing business.
Actually, we met with Atomic while we were in Utah and they are coming out with some new things with helmets and goggles.
We are going to have some good reports on it as soon as we get the green light.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Well, it turns out we have Revel 3 goggles with polarized black lens or photochromic or solar orange lens. Tell.me which you like and I'll give you a price.

Sponsor