• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I want to see opinion about those two boots Atomic hawx Prime or Fischer RC4 or Ranger Vacuum Boots.
I see new Atomic comes with 3 different forward lean 13,15,17 Degree which makes universal boot for all conditions , since Fisher RC4 or ranger comes in 17 Degree.
I do mostly groomers,hard pack curving , but sometimes I go different way which Atomic will be good, but still want to know difference .
I want to know performance vice between those 2 boots if anyone has any experience ,

Thanks in advance .

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Have you tried either one on yet?
Yes ,and I like more Atomic, specially liner .
My question is Performance wise , are they kind of same or one better then other if anyone experience that?

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Have you seen or worked with a professional Bootfitter?
Yes , to them they kind of same , but like to know performance wise those 2 boots from people who spend more time in them.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes , to them they kind of same , but like to know performance wise those 2 boots from people who spend more time in them.

I have skied the RC4 130 vacuum and a RC4 Curv 130 vacuum and love how they fit and ski
I have also skied in the Atomic Hawx Ultra 130

My answer, they all skied well but its whatever one fits best is going to give the best performance. We are also probably talking about milliseconds of response time, which makes me ask, who is keeping track?

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I have skied the RC4 130 vacuum and a RC4 Curv 130 vacuum and love how they fit and ski
I have also skied in the Atomic Hawx Ultra 130

My answer, they all skied well but its whatever one fits best is going to give the best performance. We are also probably talking about milliseconds of response time, which makes me ask, who is keeping track?
Thank you so much .
I think I will go with Atomic because they fill better to me and little wider boot then Fisher . Also to me Atomic fills little stiffer then Fisher but it could be just me .

I think Ultra and Prime are same boot just Prime more wider, like now they have Manga for more wide feet , but correct me if I am wrong?
My foot is mid wide so Prime fills more comfort then Ultra.

Last edited:

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you so much .
I think I will go with Atomic because they fill better to me and little wider boot then Fisher . Also to me Atomic fills little stiffer then Fisher but it could be just me .

I think Ultra and Prime are same boot just Prime more wider, like now they have Manga for more wide feet , but correct me if I am wrong?
My foot is mid wide so Prime fills more comfort then Ultra.

You are correct, similar built boots.

Ultra = Narrow
Prime = Medium
Magna = Wide

While all to be true, I wish bootfitting could always be that easy.

Both boots mold out extremely well, The Atomic's have been killing it the last few seasons though.

I would also add that you are not wrong about the Fischer's feeling a bit softer, it is just due to the type of plastic they use and how that works in different temperature ranges. I promise you though when those boots are cold they certainly can feel closer to the stiffness advertised.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Yes ,and I like more Atomic, specially liner .
My question is Performance wise , are they kind of same or one better then other if anyone experience that?

if the Atomic feels better then you have your answer. They are both great boots. I tried both on and prefer the Fischer. The flex of both is very smooth. I felt the liner in the Atomic was a tad nicer than the Fischer. The guy who was fitting me said he feels the Atomic is a tad stiffer than the Fischer, but just by a negligible amount. I didn’t feel a difference in flex in the warm shop, so no idea how different they would feel in sub zero weather.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you so much guys ,I will go with Atomic and see how it goes.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ski the Atomic Hawx Prime 120S. My boot fitter said I was in between and could go with either the Ultra or Prime but the ultra was just a little too snug. My shoe size is generally 10.5 and I ended up in the 26.5 which I am very happy with. I'm not sure how to describe the performance other than to say they never feel too stiff or too soft, they always seem to be just right for whatever I'm doing. (I've just described the three bears).

Now for the negatives... They are not too bad to put on but are very tough to take off; also, they do leak at little. This season I'm going to run some gorilla tape beneath the lower buckles to see if I can dry them up. Even with these issues I'm very happy with the boot. My previous boot was a Cochise 110 and it was dull, the Atomics are very responsive.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I want to see opinion about those two boots Atomic hawx Prime or Fischer RC4 or Ranger Vacuum Boots.
I see new Atomic comes with 3 different forward lean 13,15,17 Degree which makes universal boot for all conditions , since Fisher RC4 or ranger comes in 17 Degree.
I do mostly groomers,hard pack curving , but sometimes I go different way which Atomic will be good, but still want to know difference .
I want to know performance vice between those 2 boots if anyone has any experience ,

Thanks in advance .

Fit is number one consideration.

After that consider that the Atomic Prime are lighter. I love Atomic boots so I am partial to these. These have a 100mm wide last making them "medium" volume. They are fantastic boot to ski comfortably in the resorts.

The Fischer Ranger is more of a Alpine Boot with features that make it Alpine Touring ready for in and out of bounds.

The RC4's are lower volume (97mm last) and more race inspired.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Fit is number one consideration.

After that consider that the Atomic Prime are lighter. I love Atomic boots so I am partial to these. These have a 100mm wide last making them "medium" volume. They are fantastic boot to ski comfortably in the resorts.

The Fischer Ranger is more of a Alpine Boot with features that make it Alpine Touring ready for in and out of bounds.

The RC4's are lower volume (97mm last) and more race inspired.
I have to correct you about last , they both 98 mm last, and Fischer claim it can be expend to 103mm.
And I talk to one of the boot fitter which is Fisher distributor and he told me that RC4 and Ranger are same boots just they make Ranger more color wise for free stile skiers. Only different is insert that seat in shell between liner and shell , on ranger is just little softer .

On Atomic Last goes up with size , 100mm is based in 26.5 boot , bigger number is wider.

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I have to correct you about last , they both 98 mm last, and Fischer claim it can be expend to 103mm.
And I talk to one of the boot fitter which is Fisher distributor and he told me that RC4 and Ranger are same boots just they make Ranger more color wise for free stile skiers. Only different is insert that seat in shell between liner and shell , on ranger is just little softer .

On Atomic Last goes up with size , 100mm is based in 26.5 boot , bigger number is wider.

The Rangers have the walk mechanism. The flex feels different as well. Not as smooth as the RC4's (@Noodler can elaborate on this). The Fischers are made to be molded quite a bit indeed.
In most boots the reference size is 26.5 so the stated last is for that size and goes up and down somewhat proportionally to boot size.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
The Rangers have the walk mechanism. The flex feels different as well. Not as smooth as the RC4's (@Noodler can elaborate on this). The Fischers are made to be molded quite a bit indeed.
In most boots the reference size is 26.5 so the stated last is for that size and goes up and down somewhat proportionally to boot size.
I have seen and tried ranger 130 , there was not Walking mode . Maybe with less Flex , but all 130 I have seen there is no Walking mode.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I have seen and tried ranger 130 , there was not Walking mode . Maybe with less Flex , but all 130 I have seen there is no Walking mode.

I guess you tried a different model then. (Probably an older model like the Ranger Pro that were going for dirt cheap at level nine sports)

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.15.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.14.48 AM.png

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
In Atomic Ultra Hawx 120s, 2020 I believe. I've got a decently wide-ish foot, 11-11.5 'street shoe' size, 100mm ish wide, 26,5 shells. Apart from a teeny bit of 6th toe bite on the right foot, a minor quibble - and will be punched out no problem next time I see my guy - I'm good in these.

I also got a slight leak yesterday, wasn't running my hottronics batteries - between that and some tape, figure that'll be fixed too. Still the right boot for me!

20190920_112335.jpg