• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gear AT Binding and Boots Questions

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
1. I took my G3 Zeds out for the first time this season and noticed the release value was much higher than where I set it last year, i.e. should have been a 7 and was much higher toward 11. Is this normal? Fortunately I was able to turn it down before setting out for the day.

2. I'm most likely purchasing new boots that have a boot sole length about 5mm shorter than my current boots. I will need to adjust three sets of binding: G3 Zed, Marker Kingpin, and Marker Squire ID. I know it depends on the specific binding and boot, however, is this difference (5mm) in BSL typically workable without remounting a heel? This is my second pair of touring boots so never had to worry about before. Anything else I should know about or considered?

Thanks

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
1. I took my G3 Zeds out for the first time this season and noticed the release value was much higher than where I set it last year, i.e. should have been a 7 and was much higher toward 11. Is this normal? Fortunately I was able to turn it down before setting out for the day.

2. I'm most likely purchasing new boots that have a boot sole length about 5mm shorter than my current boots. I will need to adjust three sets of binding: G3 Zed, Marker Kingpin, and Marker Squire ID. I know it depends on the specific binding and boot, however, is this difference (5mm) in BSL typically workable without remounting a heel? This is my second pair of touring boots so never had to worry about before. Anything else I should know about or considered?

Thanks

You should not have any issues. My Dynafit Rad 2 FT's were mounted for a 312 BSL boot current is 295 and didnt require a remount. Some tech bindings have a much shorter adjustment range but the Zeds are similar to my Dynafits. The Kingpins im not sure but the Squires have a good 20~30mm adjustment range.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
use current mount? See how it skis, then decide?

Sponsor

Staff online