• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Assioma road power meter pedals?

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Any feedback/experience with Favero Assioma UNO (or DUO) road pedals with power meters? At $400 and a chance direct from Italy they seem to be the cheapest entry into single-sided power meter universe. The closest alternative, Garmin Vector 3S is $200 more. Most online reviews are quite positive, but I am looking for a first-hand experience.

Crank-based power meters seems to be comparable in price, but I have very good and light cranks (SISL2) and do not want to exchange them, and there are less options for Cannondale than other more popular cranks. The advantage of the pedals is that you can also move them to another bike in the future.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
No direct experience with them but they are popular in the TT / Triathlon world. Good reviews at least.

TS
Alexzn

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
No direct experience with them but they are popular in the TT / Triathlon world. Good reviews at least.
Thanks! No issues with shoes clearance on the pods? As far as I can see there are only two disadvantages over Vectors:
1. the pod can in principle risk a possibility of shoes interference
2. Assiomas use rechargeable batteries glued into the pod, so as the battery performance degrades with time, it would require replacing the whole spindle/pod assembly. vectors use replaceable coin type batteries.

Probably not worth $200 price premium. I will try the Assiomas.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Assiomas seem to be the favorite with the racers over on reddit's /r/Velo. As someone who wears "wide" (i.e., normal width) cycling shoes, I'd be worried about the pod location too. If you're interested in the Vectors, check and see if you have any discounts through your health insurance. My health insurance knocks the price down to $650 for the dual Vector 3.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Any feedback/experience with Favero Assioma UNO (or DUO) road pedals with power meters? At $400 and a chance direct from Italy they seem to be the cheapest entry into single-sided power meter universe. The closest alternative, Garmin Vector 3S is $200 more. Most online reviews are quite positive, but I am looking for a first-hand experience.

Crank-based power meters seems to be comparable in price, but I have very good and light cranks (SISL2) and do not want to exchange them, and there are less options for Cannondale than other more popular cranks. The advantage of the pedals is that you can also move them to another bike in the future.

I would avoid the pedal power meters. Pedals just get much more wear and tear.

The Stages Power Meter Crank Arms are great. I had the one for SRAM and worked perfectly all the time. No issues.

https://store.stagescycling.com/STAGES-POWER-L-CANNONDALE-SI

TS
Alexzn

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Igor the Assioma UNO. Was not familiar with the health insurance discount. How does it work?

So far I like the Assiomas. Installation had zero issues, functionally I do not yet see much difference with my Look.Keo pedals. Poor readings seem to be fairly reasonable, although I don't have prior experience with a power meter. Charging them is not an issue, the charger clips on very easily. Will report as I get more use.

Sponsor

Staff online