• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be at Aspen/Snowmass this week and was wondering what the conditions are. If you had to pick in order from best to worst, would you ski Ajax, Aspen Highlands, or Snowmass first? I'll be staying in Snowmass Village, so I will probably ski Snowmass on Mon/Tues. I'm trying to figure out where to concentrate on Wed to Fri. I ski all over the mountain, preferring glades and bowls. I love groomers, too. It's all good. Just trying to figure out the best use of my days out there.
I guess what I'm really asking is not for a comparison of the mountains but which mountain currently has the best conditions.

Thanks much

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just landed at Snowmass today; I'''m skiing tomorrow and will post about conditions. I am going to Snowmass b/c a buddy at steamboat who has a buddy at Aspen said I'll find the best conditions (of pretty crappy choices) there. I'm in Carbondale right now and it's 55*. No snow that I know of in past week and none predicted to come.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Conditions were grim a couple of weeks ago, and there hasn’t been any meaningful new snow since then. That said, a few inches are expected early next week.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any word on the snow at the resorts? Heading out there in 10 days fingers crossed.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You shouldn’t be disappointed. I skied Snowmass last week and it was pretty phenomenal... they have had another foot? almost since then, and more in the forecast.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice! Thanks for the info. So looking forward to the trip!