• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aspen restaurant recommendations?

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
We're going to be in Aspen next weekend (September 28th - 30th) and are looking for a nice place to eat that's not super pricey. Something in the neighborhood of $50 per person is probably about right, and somewhere where we can show up in what's basically business casual attire and be ok. Bonus points if it's a cuisine that we don't eat all the time in Boulder, so ideally no farm-to-table fancy brewpub American fusion stuff. We'll have a car, so wiling to go out of Aspen proper if it's worthwhile.

Thanks for any suggestions!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not much help for Aspen Proper but short drive can find Great Mexican Food:El Korita Mexican Restaurant
Lively cantina with an outdoor patio offering burritos, tamales & other familiar Mexican dishes.Basalt, CO

and Phat Thai- Vibrant restaurant pairing craft cocktails with an innovative menu inspired by classic Asian dishes.
Address: 343 Main St, Carbondale, CO 81623

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was going to Aspen a lot, all the lodges had restaurant guides. Considering all the turnover, I said there should be a Usetobe Guide.

I don't think most of the ones I went to are there anymore: Red Onion, Cooper Street Pier, Skiers Chalet, Jakes, etc.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorites are Steakhouse 316, The White House Tavern and Jimmy’s.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
J-Bar (in the Hotel Jerome) is worth going to for at least a drink, just cuz it's Aspen.