• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Aspen for easter, joining "theskiweek"

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've skiied in pretty much every country in Europe, but never in the US

Considering joining theskiweek for their Aspen in easter trip, but few a few questions.

First, has anyone done theskiweek? Are there enough sober people to find anyone to ski with? most my friends are either out of money or time, or too many kids to join me for trips theese days :| I like to do first chair, but I'm fairly experience at the "après" part as well, but just partying? meeeeeh you cant do après, without at least 3-4-5 hours on skis first.

Lately I've seen some videos on youtube with "safety patrol" and people beeing correctet, is this for real? I like to go fast, like any proper skiier would, but here in europe its *never* an issue.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Don't know much about the ski week but isn't it basically a millennial thing for posh Londoners?

James

Out There
Instructor
We need more details.
If you ski like an idiot, yeah someone will say something.

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just like to carve turns when on piste and small jumps etc to change it up, I never saw the charm in trying to go close to people. I just wanna have a clean fun run, nobody likes idiots, not even in europe, but never really heard anyone loosing their seasons pass over it. Only way to do that here is to lend it to friends.

Wasn't planning on bringing my FIS GS skis, but maybe some mantra 102/deacon 84 meaning usually fairly fast paced.

As for posh londoners, is that for aspen in general, or theskiweek?

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking on their site it says snowmass with traveling to the other parts of aspen on some days.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Aspen is fine. There's plenty of places where you can find to get some speed on with no one around or loads of space. And some seriously tough inbounds skiing too. Just the way Theskiweek/Theyachtweek markets itself makes it look like an upmarket 18-30 singles holiday.

James

Out There
Instructor
Whaddya like to ski bumps with? Lots of bumps. At least in the ski school, Aspen is more Euro in ski selection, defaulting to skinny.

Aspen has some very good skiers.
You never know who's there, including ex nat'l team skiers, and film skiers. They may be more at Ajax (Aspen), or Aspen Highlands. Don't know.
@Mike King ?

Hopefully they let you ski the super pipe at Buttermilk. (X Games) Though it's likely to have diminished some by then or modified into something else.

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm open to other suggestions, just kinda bored with traveling alone and skiiing alone. I dont like to force myself on others. Is there any chance for powder anywhere in the US at that time?

Snow in europe is sad thing this year, and I can get 2 weekends, + week, with just takeing out 2 days off work the way easter looks for 2020. Also have enough frequent fligher miles to go whereever.

Honestly I'm not superstoked on bumps when travleing, can do that at home