• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aspen Club declares Chapter 11

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
See full story from Aspen Times

Snip from article:
Plagued by litigation, liens and millions of dollars in lingering debts, The Aspen Club & Spa declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Thursday in Denver.
<snip>
“The architects, engineers and surveyors started work on the project before any of the bank financing documents were put in place,” he said.

Sawyer said the bankruptcy filing had been expected for the past few months.

“A lot of local family businesses are owed a of money, and it’s hurting them,” he said. “This bankruptcy is more salt on the wounds for them not getting paid back.”

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I first glanced this I read it as "millions of dollars in lingerie debts." Caught my eye so I read the article. Lingering debt makes more sense but is less interesting.
You too!!!?
I guess the eye sees what it wants to see. :D

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So what would it take to run up millions of lingerie debts? The mind boggles..

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So what would it take to run up millions of lingerie debts? The mind boggles..
Funny you should ask, when I first moved to the US in 2000 it was the peak of the dot.com boom and I met someone who had started a company called bratopia.com the worlds first online boudoir. Being a simple Canadian I could not quite buy into the concept but apparently several investors did to the tune of $10M all of which was spent on lingerie. Unfortunately they could not pay web developers in lingerie soooo …… I think we all know this story ends but it is a great example of what it takes to run up millions of lingerie debts :)

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Funny you should ask, when I first moved to the US in 2000 it was the peak of the dot.com boom and I met someone who had started a company called bratopia.com the worlds first online boudoir. Being a simple Canadian I could not quite buy into the concept but apparently several investors did to the tune of $10M all of which was spent on lingerie. Unfortunately they could not pay web developers in lingerie soooo …… I think we all know this story ends but it is a great example of what it takes to run up millions of lingerie debts :)

So they paid you in brassieres and underwear?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So they paid you in brassieres and underwear?
No they didn't have my size ;-)

Joking aside it was a sad example of how the minute you added .COM to a business proposal people threw money at it without pausing to say does this make sense.