• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How good of a skier do you have to be to put PUGSKI stickers on your equipment? My friend wouldn't want to embarrass the community with his old man skiing skills. Just asking for a friend

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
MY skis carry the reminder of every blow that laid them low, or cut them til they cried out on their anger and their pain, I am leaving, I am leaving, but the skis still remain.
Nice one, you had to reach back for that tune, as a fan of Paul I think he would be amused.

Marty McSly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Would Nordica Enforcer 93's be a good OSQ for Jackson Hole? Asking for a friend...

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would Nordica Enforcer 93's be a good OSQ for Jackson Hole? Asking for a friend...

The 100s eliminated my 107s and 91s so I'd say go with them but the 93 is probably a good daily driver for most conditions.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is five pairs of skis too many? asking for a friend.

Five pair is what any good Pugskier calls "a good start".

Also, when discussing ski quantities in a domestic setting, rock skis most definitely do NOT count in the tally.

How good of a skier do you have to be to put PUGSKI stickers on your equipment? My friend wouldn't want to embarrass the community with his old man skiing skills. Just asking for a friend

Nervous. I thought we were supposed to be randomly putting them on skis on racks all over the country?!

Seriously, yes. During a typical week, the 100 might be better, but honestly, JH is generally steep enough that the 93 will get you planing very nicely.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For the East you need six: SL,SX,GS,SG, Deep snow day ski, Deep snow rock ski (for when the deep snow isn't deep enough). A 7th ski (DH) is optional.
Wait, you missed the tree skis and the when-there’s-not-really-enough-snow tree skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait, you missed the tree skis and the when-there’s-not-really-enough-snow tree skis.
And rock skis...ballet skis...teaching skis...bump skis...2" of fresh powder over perfect Sun Valley corduroy skis...

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last week on my golf forum, a member ( early 30’s ) went public and posted that he just bought a cordless drill and had no idea how to use it, insert bits , etc. No way I would have gone public with that.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Last week on my golf forum, a member ( early 30’s ) went public and posted that he just bought a cordless drill and had no idea how to use it, insert bits , etc. No way I would have gone public with that.

Wow, he’s lucky he didn’t lose his man-card for that!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And rock skis...ballet skis...teaching skis...bump skis...2" of fresh powder over perfect Sun Valley corduroy skis...

Yeah, I thought it was long ago decided that the ideal number of skis to own is N+1, where N is the number you currently own.

Sponsor

Staff online