• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
You might need to reel that in a little.

We recently discovered a little place called 3 Stones Mexican Mayan Cochina in Brattleboro. From the outside, the place looks like a double-wide with an addition, and there's no parking lot, park across the street. It doesn't even look like a restaurant. Within 5 minutes of walking through the door, you know this is not what you expected. After reading the menu, you can't decide what to try first. After tasting your food, you know this bears only a distant relationship to the TexMex restaurants of yore, and is even different than the central Mexican restaurants.

"Our mother inspired us to share the ancient Mayan recipes handed down through the centuries. "

Pumpkin seed specialty/ onzicil: The Mayans never waste anything. Even the seeds of pumpkins are toasted, ground and made into delicious delicacies. Served with a salad, rice and beans. An Onzicil tortilla- A tortilla topped with sautéed zucchini and smothered in a tomato-pumpkin seed salsa is served with salad, rice, and beans

Tamales: We wrap our tamales in banana leaves and fill them with a mild but savory achiote sauce and chicken. Tamales are topped with a mild tomato salsa and cheese and served with rice, beans, and salad.

If any of the east of the Rockies Jokers headed to VT find themselves hungry on I-91 give this place a try.
Ha, yeah I was mostly joking unlike others claiming that only pizza in NYC is edible and everywhere it's crap, which is utterly ridiculous. And I would gladly eat at that place, as banana leaf tamales are usually better than a typical corn husk variety.

Of any place outside of Mexico you would think should have good Mexican food you have to think of SoCal, but I was wrong. No I will not name names, just like I would not say what ski shop gave me a bad tune-up on my skis. I would just take my business elsewhere.

SoCal is rather expansive, so there is definitely a wide margin for error I'm sorry that you found the dud joint, and I'm sure that I can find a lousy Italian place in say Bayonne, NJ... oh wait I did once!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Ha, yeah I was mostly joking unlike others claiming that only pizza in NYC is edible and everywhere it's crap, which is utterly ridiculous. And I would gladly eat at that place, as banana leaf tamales are usually better than a typical corn husk variety.

SoCal is rather expansive, so there is definitely a wide margin for error I'm sorry that you found the dud joint, and I'm sure that I can find a lousy Italian place in say Bayonne, NJ... oh wait I did once!
You should have tried Hoboken instead of Bayonne. The odds are much better at finding good food.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is it bad optics to see the employee at the fireworks tent across from Walmart smoking right there at the edge of the tent?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does the free saki that comes with sushi count for WW points? @Coach13 ?? Asking for a friend ;)

Sponsor