• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Does anyone have first hand experience with skiing on / installing / maintaining them? I'm on our county's parks & rec board. Doing a little information gathering. Hit me up.

Thanks in advance.

JWMN

Getting off the lift
Skier
You could contact Buck Hill in Burnsville MN. They installed a product called Neveplast about 5 years ago. I have not skied on it, I heard it didn't work out as well as they planned. The heat generated would ruin the ski base's. It ended up being used by young boarders.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Castle Rock, CO was putting a year round freestyle park a couple of years ago. Try their parks department.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In the Netherlands and the U.K. there are several locations using the ’brush’ materials. You could ask on the Dutch forums: https://www.wintersport.nl/forum . Ask about the “borstel banen”. In the U.K. you could ask on snowheads forum, but it’s a non secure site.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I've done a heap of skiing and boarding when younger on Dendix. Really hard wearing, pretty low maintentance, keeping the slope weeded is the biggest problem plus a sprinkler system to keep lubricated.

Makes the worst snow feel like luxurious pow.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I did water ramps on the green stuff eons ago. Had to keep the bristles wet all the time, soaker hoses. We also sprayed WD40 on our bases before each run.. oil and water FTW. Liberty SportsPlex in VA is probably the most modern option around other than Buck Hill to ask for the latest technology available now.