• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today far as I know.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Funny . . . I guess we're bucking the trend this year. Local hill season pass at a discount for joining the race team - and then trips to Alta, Steamboat and most likely Telluride in March (still TBD but that's #1 for now) - and no multi mountain passes for us. Did Mountain Collective last year it was mostly break even, did get us to Taos where we wouldn't have likely gone otherwise.

Still I agree multi pass is the present and future and changing the way folks approach ski season.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What day was the article printed?
I believe the print version is coming out in a few days. I'll check on that.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If there is someone on the east coast that can pick up up a copy, we would appreciate it.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Question, is Elizabeth (the author of the article) a Pugski member? Or did she come to the Big Sky Gathering for research/interviews?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Question, is Elizabeth (the author of the article) a Pugski member? Or did she come to the Big Sky Gathering for research/interviews?
She is a member, but I don't know if she wants to be named.

Hi Elisabeth!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Somebody needs to tell @theNitza (blue and red clothing) that he made the cut for both photos in this article.:daffy:

Happy that PugSki got a big plug! The author gets free beer/wine at next Gathering:wine:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for posting the whole thing, as NYT paywall goes up very quickly for me.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pugski in the NYT? Splendid. Who'd have seen that coming when you two started this trip? Kudos to you, the others who assist/assisted in the process, and to the posters who supply the content. You've given me something to look forward to everyday, no exaggeration.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
If there is someone on the east coast that can pick up up a copy, we would appreciate it.

Congrats on making it big time!

On a lighter note when I saw Multipass in the thread title I though of this:

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 7.36.10 PM.png

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m a member. I have been known to hang around the racing board, wondering if Wendy Holdener will ever win a WC slalom

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
LOL- If they call me Mary Ellen they either don't know me or I'm in trouble. who me?
Ironically, when I heard my mother say, "Patricia Ellen"... I knew I was in trouble. :duck:

Ellen seems to be a popular middle name.

True story: When I was born, my parents wanted to name me after my grandma whose name was Gertrude Ellen
She told my parents Gertrude was a horrible first name and I'd always hate it, being called Gert, Gertie, Trudie, etc...
So they took her middle name and gave that to me as my middle name.

I actually think I'd have made a great Gertie.

Last edited:

Sponsor